Talk

Advanced search

pre teen boys- activities

(3 Posts)
bichonbuzz Sun 11-Oct-09 12:30:31

My ds is 12 and is into loys of hobbies which im v glad about but which involve lots of taking him places- eg he is into fell running ,fishing ,golf- feel like i never she my dh - despite sharing lifts with other parents.Trouble is we heardly ever get time to spend time in the house and i end up doing something with my dd which i love but feel as if rarley see my ds- i cant fish for eg !When hes in the house he wants to play on computor or watch sky sport and i just want quiet time with him to connect to him sometimes .We watch family prog tog and theother day we sat in his room and chatted whilst i drew fish for him and he shaded them in - it was a preciuos pocket of time ..! Im quite homecentred and maybe i should go out in the wilds with him but i actually have had knee op which makes mobility difficult some places.So what i think im asking is does anyone have any ideas how to connect with busy ds s when in the house-if he dries the dishes with me that works ! just need any ideas or shared -non screen!-expereices please.PS anyone know any good board games....

CybilLiberty Sun 11-Oct-09 12:34:50

Chess
Draughts
Is he into Warhammer or anything like that?

Much time can be spent painting the models after they have been constructed.I love painting ds's models with him (geek alert) To that end , Airfix kits?

Also, please could you paragraph your post when you type it...it makes it dead hard to read otherwise. and puts some people off replying smile

bichonbuzz Sun 11-Oct-09 12:42:06

ps just sold warhammer to fund fishing kit...!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now