Talk

Advanced search

pushchair advice please

(3 Posts)
pinkdaisy Sun 11-Oct-09 11:14:45

I have a quinny buzz, and my baby is currently is laying flat in the carry cot bit of the buggy, at what age do you put them in the actual pushchair bit of the buggy? It can be tilted back for the to lay down or sit up right? It's just my ds is very long, and I am not sure how much longer he will be in the carry cot bit of it!
Thanks
Lx

BertieBotts Sun 11-Oct-09 11:22:58

I didn't have a quinny but I started putting my DS in the parent facing seat of the pushchair tilted at about 45 degrees when he was about 3-4 months old. He still slept quite a lot then so I would lie it flat when he was sleeping and have it at the semi-reclined position when he was awake so he could look around which he liked doing. I would say it was reclined about as much as a baby would be in one of the carseat-on-wheels travel systems.

I would say whether you move them and how much they are reclined depends on how well they can sit up. If you put them in and their head flops definitely lie it back more or consider moving back to the carrycot.

notasausage Sun 11-Oct-09 17:19:46

I have the Quinny Buzz. The advice is to stay in the carry cot until 6 months but if DS won't fit, then he won't fit! I moved my DD into the pushchair at 45 degrees at 5 months because she wanted to see what was going on. IMO it is flat enough when in the horrizontal position to use from birth but with a winter baby I was glad I got the carry cot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now