Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Afternoon nap for toddler

(17 Posts)
Pomi Fri 10-Jun-05 14:22:51

Does your toddler have an afternoon nap? My 17 month mostly have two hours but for a few days he remain awake in bed and does not seems sleepy.

Newbarnsleygirl Fri 10-Jun-05 14:26:55

DD normally does but she's been fighting it the last few weeks so come tea time she's a nightmare.

Lonelymum Fri 10-Jun-05 14:36:18

Yes my 28 month old ds sleeps every afternoon from after lunch until it is time to fetch the others from school whenI have to wake him up. he did have a phase which lasted about 2 weeks when he did not nap and he can manage on only 20 minutes if we are out and about, but he loves his nap. He even says yes when I say are you ready for your nap now? after lunch.

Mandymoo Fri 10-Jun-05 20:02:25

DD is 2.5 and has 2-3 hours every afternoon (can go the odd day without a nap but it does catch up with her). I keep getting told that it will stop soon but tbh i am enjoying it while it lasts!!! Those few hours are like a pit stop for me and i get all my jobs done - as well as have some "me" time!

HTH

coldtea Fri 10-Jun-05 20:03:55

Ds gave up his nap about 20 months. Dd is 22 months & she still really needs it, rarely goes down with a fuss.

SenoraPostrophe Fri 10-Jun-05 20:04:46

dd is just 3 and still needs a nap (2 hours usually)

Hulababy Fri 10-Jun-05 20:34:09

My DD (3y 2m) has completely given up her naps now (sadly ) - did about 2 or 3 months ago.It got less and less gradually from her being about 18 months. From about 2yo she'd have about an hour max, which went down to about 45 mins. It did get to the pint, near her 3rd birthday where if she had a nap it meant she wouldn't go to sleep at night.

SenoraPostrophe Fri 10-Jun-05 20:35:38

hulababy - [sumg emoticon]

dd could sleep for Englsnd. Think my days are numbered though, but I think I could live with a few months of only an hour.

Hulababy Fri 10-Jun-05 20:37:21

I miss DD's naps!!! She doesn't, but I used to love that little break in the day. Mind you, she does sleep well at night so shouldn't really complain i guess. But ... oh, for that hour to sit down, have a hot cup of tea and my lunch. Oh well.

NotQuiteCockney Fri 10-Jun-05 20:38:55

DS1 kept on napping until he was nearly 3.5. One of his friends still naps, and is over 4.

I don't know whether I'll be able to keep DS2 napping so long, though - I fear it's easier to keep an older or only child napping, as there's no older sibling to stay awake for.

sallycinnamon Fri 10-Jun-05 22:41:25

Totally agree with mandymoo. Don't know what I will do when dd gives up nap. Its the only time I can actually do anything at all.

Evesmama Fri 10-Jun-05 22:44:18

my dd 2yrs 2 months hasnt had an afty nap for about 2 months now...at first she was really crabby around 2-3ish, but now..shes normally fine? was worried myself incase i 'should' be 'making' her sleep???but she just gets so upset and climbs out of cotbed(she's not naughty, so i know she's just not tired)...its bloody hard when your used to getting an hour to yourself through the day!

lilaclotus Fri 10-Jun-05 22:46:35

gosh, dd didn't want to nap anymore since around her 2nd birthday!

Evesmama Fri 10-Jun-05 22:53:19

yup!

saadia Fri 10-Jun-05 23:28:57

I love it when they nap - ds1 (3yrs 5mths) sleeps for a couple of hours in the afternoon, but then does go to bed very late at night.

Ds2, (1yr 3mths) has two naps 1-1.5 hrs mid morning and 45mins/1hr late afternoon same time as ds1. Added bonus he sleeps well at night.

Davrois Sat 11-Jun-05 18:38:13

I usually don't let my 27 mos DD nap although she did daily until about 4 months ago. This is because she mostly doesn't really need it (she can if she's exhausted) and it makes it easier to collect DS from school, earlier bedtime and later getting up time. BUT, big caveat, I don't have her for 2 days of the week, othewise I would be on my knees!

youngmama Sat 11-Jun-05 21:34:02

dd2 16 months sleeps for 2 hours usually-12:30-2:30.
dd1 3.4 quit napping when she was 2.5 but does occasionaly nap for 30-45 mins from 1:00-1:45.But it is rare that she naps,but she still uses this 45 mins as quiet time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now