Talk

Advanced search

Do you know your dcs measurements off by heart?

(10 Posts)
LissyGlitter Sat 10-Oct-09 13:38:40

My nana rang me yesterday, she is knitting DD a cardigan and wanted to know her chest size. She seemed quite shocked when I said I would have to measure her and phone her back. I don't even know my own chest size off by heart!

Then again, I don't know mine or DDs shoe sizes without looking in our shoes either, so maybe I am just useless at sizes...They change so often, and are different in different shops, so it seems pointless to remember them. Or am I just a bad mother?

I literally have no idea what size bra I am wearing now. In my defence, I am pregnant, but before then I didn't know either. I tend to just wander into the bra shop and show them my boobs and then buy what they tell me to buy. Same with clothes, I tend to hold up the first size on the rack to me, and from that work out if I need to go bigger or smaller. (probably why none of my clothes fit me, tbh) and for DD, I just get the ones marked with her age.

Do I need to get my act together?

IdrisTheDragon Sat 10-Oct-09 13:41:52

I have no idea what size chest DS or DD have.

I know what size clothes and shoes they have and have a vague idea of how tall they are and how much they weigh.

LissyGlitter Sat 10-Oct-09 13:56:00

lol, that's a good point, I couldn't even guess how much DD weighs either...she's an average looking 2.5 yo, so would two stone be a normal weight? I would only really weigh her if she looked unusual, and she seems about the same size as other children of her age, maybe ever so slightly on the tall skinny side, but not enough to be actually unusual.

Again, I have no idea how much I weigh or how tall I am either. I know 5ft is quite small, and 7ft is quite tall, so I must be somewhere between them, and I think I was about 10 stone about a year before I got pregnant, so presumably I am more than that now...Health professionals always look at me like I am mad when I can't answer these questions, but the answers just don't stay in my head. I'm a normal ish size, and so is DD, surely that should be enough?

cat64 Sat 10-Oct-09 14:36:34

Message withdrawn

Lonicera Sat 10-Oct-09 14:42:52

No

I know how old they are - that's about it smile

overmydeadbody Sat 10-Oct-09 14:44:33

Of course not lol

I have to work out his age when people ask.

And what child stays the same size for long enough for any sane parent to know their 'measurements'?

overmydeadbody Sat 10-Oct-09 14:45:18

Oh, and I don't even know how tall DS is, or how much he weighs.

LissyGlitter Sat 10-Oct-09 14:47:42

I only know how pregnant I am because I have that NHS pregnancy desktop thingy that tells me. I really should uninstall it, it is making me count down the days!

MrsBadger Sat 10-Oct-09 14:51:41

I too have knitters who ring with similar demands re DD but uaually I cheat and either measure clotehs that fit her or say 'oh she wears a Next 2-3, their website says that's a xx inch chest'

you do need to get your act together re your own clotehs though [stern face]

LissyGlitter Sat 10-Oct-09 14:57:07

badger my defence is that I have spent the last three or so years changing size so much that I couldn't possibly know what size I am! I started off a 6/8, was at a 16/18 at one point, and have been pregnant twice in that time as well. Plus most of my clothes are second hand, either donated off my mum or charity shopped. I do dream of looking like I have actually dressed myself with the aid of a mirror though, so once I have had the baby and am reasonably normally shaped again, I may actually treat myself to a full brand new outfit from a grown up shop (ie not primark or a supermarket )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now