Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Solutions to keep DD warm at night- she kicks her duvet off. When I go in I find an icy little knot of a toddler curled up in one corner of her bed.

(32 Posts)
AngelinaJolly Fri 09-Oct-09 21:30:10

She's 3y.o. and in a junior cot bed- of which she's v proud. She potty trained and dry at night and generally loves her "big girl" bed.
But whenever I go in to check on her, or DD2, she's kicked off her covers. And I'm worried she'll get cold- esp since the change in the weather.

Anyone got the answer?

Lilyloooohhhh Fri 09-Oct-09 21:31:29

The fleecy all in one suits

BloodshotEyeballs Fri 09-Oct-09 21:32:18

Grobags or fleecy sleepsuits for dd although she's younger than yours. Love the imagery in your title btw. Can just imagine it

smackapacka Fri 09-Oct-09 21:32:23

What Lily said. they're marvellous.

Also - what about those covers that kind of zip to the mattress?

Cometrickortreatingwithme Fri 09-Oct-09 21:33:05

These dd has one and she is 6.

Meglet Fri 09-Oct-09 21:33:15

Primark have cheap fleecy sleep suits. About £4 each IIRC. Or will that cause problems if she needs the toilet?

BecauseImWorthIt Fri 09-Oct-09 21:33:51

Is she waking up? If not, maybe she's just too warm! When it gets colder it's possible she won't kick the duvet off, but will snuggle underneath it.

cvyes Fri 09-Oct-09 21:34:01

yeah all in one

newspaperdelivery Fri 09-Oct-09 21:34:08

As above.

Also a big sleeping bag by merino kids [so toasty it's just wonderful], or by grobag [they go up to 7]

Also those clips that hold the duvet down - GLTC do them I think. Will try find them for you.

Also grobag do a duvet that zips to the bottom sheet [pricy though].

MrsHappy Fri 09-Oct-09 21:34:10

Bumpto3.com do duvet sets that zip onto a sheet. Here.

duckyfuzz Fri 09-Oct-09 21:34:18

I just straighten them out (child and cover) and cover up again, they tend to wriggle less once asleep

theyoungvisiter Fri 09-Oct-09 21:34:28

could it be because you have the heating on in the evening, so she gets hot in the early evening and then cold when it turns off?

DS1 used to do this until I turned down the radiator in his room.

cyanarasamba Fri 09-Oct-09 21:34:37

Grobags go up to a 3-6 year size - just got these for DS as he's so cosy in them and doesn't want to give them up just cos he's nearly 3!

Lilyloooohhhh Fri 09-Oct-09 21:35:06

Saw some in primark for fiver or in asda for less than tenner!
My dd usually wakes up with sticky up hair when she wears hers grin

gingertoo Fri 09-Oct-09 21:35:25

Oooh yes - I love those fleecy suits.
Ds3 looks gorgeous in them. When you unzip him in the morning to get him dressed he's all toasty inside!

Will she manage if she needs to get up for the toilet though if she's zipped up in a fleecy suit?

PeachesMcLean Fri 09-Oct-09 21:36:35

I wonder if she'll just twig that she needs to keep her covers over her. Can you have a chat to her about it perhaps?

IIRC DS refused to have his grobag at this age, around the same time of year, but got the hang of his duvet as it got colder. I guess in the days of blankets and quilts they just learned how to do it.

TAFKAtheUrbanDryad Fri 09-Oct-09 21:37:10

Ds has fleecy jammies and wears a vest to bed! He also tends to clamber in with us and put his freezing feet on my toasty legs! Grr....

AngelinaJolly Fri 09-Oct-09 21:37:27

Where do I find a fleecy all-in-one?

Grobags don't really go with a junior bed as she needs to be able to move freely when she gets up in the night for potty etc, although great for younger ones I agree.

Zipping cover to the mattress?? Sounds like that would work- can you enlighten me please?

PeachesMcLean Fri 09-Oct-09 21:37:30

And grobags can be a problem if they try to get up to the loo, or to come and find you. If she does that.

newspaperdelivery Fri 09-Oct-09 21:38:43

here, stay on bedding and big bags, duvet grippers

smile

QuintessentialShadowsOfDoom Fri 09-Oct-09 21:39:03

My youngest did this. I got him an adult duvet, and put it over him across the bed, rather than lenghtwise. He was not able to kick it off then, and stayed snug and warm.

EdgarAllenPoo Fri 09-Oct-09 21:40:50

sleepybag + fleecesleepsuit + underthings + overblanket.

consider thicker curtains too.

newspaperdelivery Fri 09-Oct-09 21:41:10

We put dd1 to bed in a merino base layer of longjohns under her pj's. She's a cold soul, but kicks off as soon as she gets slightly warm. She doesn't sweat in merino wool so stays comfortable and it helps her skin stay healthy.

MrsHappy Fri 09-Oct-09 21:41:15

You could turn the duvet 90 degrees and tuck it in under the mattress.

gingertoo Fri 09-Oct-09 21:43:30

I got mine from Woolworths.

They are not the most tasteful items of clothing that ds3 owns - Pooh Bear one in yellow and red, Tigger one in orange and black - you get the idea, but they are really, really cosy and he looks so cute padding around in them when he gets out of bed in the morning!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now