Talk

Advanced search

In a perfect world......

(4 Posts)
stilldazed Fri 09-Oct-09 18:12:54

what would be your ideal job and work hours to fit in with family life...

I'm a new mum (have a 4 month old dd) I know I want to work but not sure about the hours or whether I should retrain.Really interested to hear from more experienced mums!

cat64 Fri 09-Oct-09 18:38:39

Message withdrawn

HeadFairy Fri 09-Oct-09 18:42:46

What cat said..

When ds was tiny I hated hated hated leaving him, cried every time I walked away from him, counted the minutes to getting home again. Now he's a toddler and shall we say, boisterous.. I quite like my days at work, they are full on 12 hour days with a 1 hour commute each way, so I don't see much of ds at all when I'm working, but I always make sure my days off count with him. I always really look forward to those days, and after I've been off for three or four days with him, I'm actually quite looking forward to going back to work and being able to eat a meal in peace or go to the loo without an audience.

smackapacka Fri 09-Oct-09 18:42:49

I do 3 full days at work and it really suits us all. I love the fact when she's with the CM I know she's having fun, and also that I don't have to think about her meals <mean mum> but I have great fun on our days off (and I don't take work home with me).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now