Talk

Advanced search

I have just put DD2 to bed after a MAJOR meltdown

(6 Posts)
notnowbernard Tue 06-Oct-09 13:17:31

She is 3.2

Completely lost it, went on for about 30 mins culminating with her hitting me with a miniature plastic fairy hmm

I put her to bed telling her we would not be going swimming now (she knew we had planned to do that after lunch)

Feel a bit rotten about it, but will obviously stick to it now I've said it... but is 3.2 a bit young for these sort of consequences?

notyummy Tue 06-Oct-09 13:23:40

I don't think so - she is getting to the age when she will rememeber this behaviour and what you did about it, so hopefully it may help to modify her behaviour in future - particularly if you remind her of what happened and how you always so as you say.

She is exactly the same age as my dd - they are soooo funny and sweet and soooo fecking annoying as well grin

notyummy Tue 06-Oct-09 13:24:05

'do' as you say....

colditz Tue 06-Oct-09 13:25:05

Nahh, ds2 has these wap attacks occasionally, with the kicking and screaming and bellowing "I AM CRYING COS I AM SAAAAAAAADDDDDDD!!!!". I think you di the right thing

notnowbernard Tue 06-Oct-09 13:32:51

Great, you've made me feel better now grin

I think I think of her as younger than she is sometimes (because she is the youngest probably) so she gets away with meltdown behaviour without actual consequences, IYKWIM

Meltdown - put in room to calm down - says sorry - all forgotten etc

But today she went ballistic so I thought I'd better respond in kind (poor old dd)

3 yr olds are bloody hard work IMO

notyummy Tue 06-Oct-09 13:40:42

Me: 'DD calm down! Take deep breaths! Watch me, I'm doing it!'

DD: 'NOOOOOOOO! I can't calm down! I! AM! ANGRRRRRRRRYYYYYY. AAAHHHHH!'

And so on, and so forth for quite some time. It's a different type of rage to the 'little' toddlers. She is quite able to express herself and explain what her problems are - its just the sheer bloody ANGER when she can't get what she wants. Not all the time - and can usually be predicted to do with tiredness or hunger.

Actually, I am a moody cow if I am tired or hungry, so perhaps this is my punishment...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now