Talk

Advanced search

Where can I find a Griffindor badge and tie to complete a halloween outfit ?

(11 Posts)
mummyloveslucy Mon 05-Oct-09 20:08:54

Hi, I'm making a Hermionie Granger costume for my daughter as she has been invited to a halloween party.
So far I have a grey pinafore, grey tights, white blowse, a black cape and a griffindor scalf.
I would like to find a griffindor badge to put on the cape and a red and gold stripy tie.
I'm not sure where to look.

mummyloveslucy Mon 05-Oct-09 21:53:46

bump

UndertheBoredwalk Mon 05-Oct-09 21:56:37

Dd doing the same aswell grin
I've just bought the tie here
I don't know about badge though, I bought a cape with one already on here

hth

fatzak Mon 05-Oct-09 21:58:30

I had this prob a couple of years ago! In the end we had to make do with a school tie in similar colours. We didn't have a badge as there was one on the cloak - actually I got a fab deal off Ebay and still wonder if the seller was a Mnetter! She had sewed Gryffindor colours around a V neck school jumper to make it look more authentic!

Last Christmas we got some Harry Potter crackers which all had badges in them - I'll have a look in the morning and send you one if we still have them - think we had about 10 at one point grin

mummyloveslucy Mon 05-Oct-09 22:36:37

Thanks everyone. That is a fab cape! I wouldn't be keen on spending that much though as she'll only wear it for one or two partys before she's out grown it.

Would love the badges fatzak if you have them. smile

mummyloveslucy Mon 05-Oct-09 22:40:38

If I had more time and money, I'd really go to town with it. I love this sort of thing.
I thought about covering a book in brown paper and writing "transfiguration for beginners".
I'm going to plat her hair the night before too. smile

UndertheBoredwalk Mon 05-Oct-09 23:35:23

I thought the same for DD, am going to put a few plaits in the night before so it's all bushy for the party
I might do a jumper aswell with the gryffindor colours in, I knit so can make that myself if I get the time.
Is fun to put together though isn't it. I love fancy dress! lol

fatzak Tue 06-Oct-09 13:21:32

Still not unearthed the badges yet - will brave the depths of DS1's room later grin

mummyloveslucy Tue 06-Oct-09 15:25:48

Thanks fatzak. grin

fatzak Tue 06-Oct-09 17:46:43

Not looking very hopeful am afraid Mummyloveslucy - will keep rummaging (now there's a good old Yorkshire word!) through drawers when I get a chance!

mummyloveslucy Wed 07-Oct-09 09:26:10

That's o.k fatzak. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now