Talk

Advanced search

Please, please does anyone know where I can get a lunchbox with a shoulder strap?

(14 Posts)
missismac Mon 05-Oct-09 17:49:32

For a 9yr old boy, so no disney or spidermen etc etc. I've been looking for months now and can't find one anywhere. He rides a bike to school & they don't like them to have backpacks, the situation is getting desperate! Please help, someone out there must have seen one?

MilaMae Mon 05-Oct-09 17:53:51

My boys(6) have The Hungry Jungle ones,the spider one and the monkey one, quite cool but I don't know if they're trendy enough for a 9 year old iykwim.

MilaMae Mon 05-Oct-09 17:57:28

Think we got them from Squeaky Bee only £1.25 postage. You need to scroll down they're not the rucksack ones but the ones with a shoulder strap,you can adjust them.

helpYOUiWILL Thu 22-Oct-09 20:18:00

clone wars do one

whippet Thu 22-Oct-09 20:21:41

DS (9) has this one Thermos Cool Tec from Robert Dyas, but in blue - seems really good...

Ivykaty44 Thu 22-Oct-09 20:22:42

whippet my dd has that one smile although winter time has hot dinenrs

whippet Thu 22-Oct-09 20:24:50

It's also available on Amazon, but I'm having problems linking to it!

overmydeadbody Thu 22-Oct-09 20:24:58

missi my DS also rides a bike to school and just hangs his lunchbox and bookbag from the handlebars.

Can your DS not do this? Or get a basket?

vacaloca Thu 22-Oct-09 20:25:42

I was going to suggest the Hungry Jungle ones too but the designs might be too young for a 9-year-old. How about this one? I can't see the strap but it says it's included.

UniS Thu 22-Oct-09 20:28:11

got mine ( plain blue, insulated with strap) from a small hardware store. big supermarkets may have them too, look for a picnic bag rather than a lunchbox. If its for bike riding, does he have back rack to bungy something solid onto?

If school don;t like them having back packs... how is he getting other things to school ( books and the like).

FlyMeToDunoon Thu 22-Oct-09 20:33:39

I got DD2 a black polar gear one from sainsbury's but of course they will have chucked them all to make room for christmas stock now. Might be available online somewhere though.

morningpaper Thu 22-Oct-09 20:36:58

Polar gear from Sainsbury's but also from Wilkinsons

FlyMeToDunoon Thu 22-Oct-09 20:39:38

mothercare Too pale?
ebay black one looks like it has a strap.

Crackopenthebaileys Thu 22-Oct-09 20:59:30

Gap have really cool ones with a space invaders design, and a shoulder strap for about £12. I bought it at the beginning of this term for my 9 year old!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now