Talk

Advanced search

Things you didn't know about 20 year olds till you had one

(9 Posts)
purepurple Sat 03-Oct-09 10:14:33

DS said that he would like to go to Legoland. He is a bricklayer so obviously bricks are his thing grin
But I didn't realise that 20 year olds are still little toddlers at heart.
What surprises you about your grown up children?

Chaotica Sat 03-Oct-09 10:22:05

Don't have a 20 year old of my own yet - but DP got himself a hamster. grin

GentleOtter Sat 03-Oct-09 10:31:03

That they can go all po-faced at the sort of things you did at 20.

They start planning for their pension and thinking about sensible things these days.

And, yes, they always hanker to go to Legoland or to see the real Santa in Lapland...grin

purepurple Sat 03-Oct-09 11:09:22

He can drive
he can vote
he can get married
he can drink
but he can't go to a job interview without wearing his old PE socks (which are bright yellow)

GentleOtter Sat 03-Oct-09 11:21:02

Lol grin

(mine is 26 now)

Miggsie Sat 03-Oct-09 18:44:44

They never grow out of thinking farts are funny

mathanxiety Sat 03-Oct-09 19:46:57

Mine wanted to adopt a cat that followed her home. smile She was dead serious about it too.

alwayslookingforanswers Sat 03-Oct-09 19:58:47

I don't have a 20yr old.

But I did have to chuckle last week when I had a friend round for a meeting and my mobile phone rang. It was her 21yr old DD (who is also a friend of mine and my best babysitter) she was at home as it was the holidays from Uni.

"Can I speak to my mum she's left her mobile here"

I handed the phone over to her mum with a smirk.

Then I heard the DD say

"mum can I use your (ensuite) shower please, I've just run a bath and there's a huge spider in there"

grin

purepurple Sun 04-Oct-09 08:30:03

They think nothing of ringing home at half past two in the morning to ask you to unlock the front door as they have lost their key (again).
They think nothing of doing this twenty minutes before they actually get home, so that you have just got back to sleep when they come stomping up the stairs, waking you up again.angry
BTW, the key wasn't lost, it was in the front door, which we had to leave unlocked.
So he didn't bloody well need to ring me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now