Talk

Advanced search

Holiday with friends with awful child dilemma

(7 Posts)
holidaydilemma Wed 08-Jun-05 18:17:03

I have been on holiday for a couple of years with the same group of women. We have toddlers.

This year one of them is taking her 10 year old son, who is a real bully and who I know bullies the little ones as soon as no one is looking. The mother doesn't really deal with this.

I really don't want to go this year, but DH wants a weekend by himself and thinks I should ask the mother not to bring her son! I think I have no choice but to say that I can't make it this year.

What should I do?

misdee Wed 08-Jun-05 18:17:44

go and keep your child close to you, dont let this boy get a chance of bullying.

WideWebWitch Wed 08-Jun-05 18:18:27

Either don't go (that's what I'd do!) or, if you do go, supervise completely and make sure your toddler is never alone with the 10yo. I think it's perfectly acceptable for you to tell 10yo off too if he's bullying your child and you see it and she does nothing.

coppertop Wed 08-Jun-05 18:19:12

If you don't want to go then don't. If your dh wants a weekend to himself then perhaps he should go away somewhere.

holidaydilemma Wed 08-Jun-05 18:21:27

HE is taking dd away this month so I can have a weekend to myself, so it's not unreasonable for him to want me to do the same.

Problem is, if I have to supervise all the time it's not going to be remotely relaxing. Normally the toddlers play quite happily by themselves and we don't need to worry too much about them.

Stilltrue Wed 08-Jun-05 19:08:32

I wouldn't go, which is a shame, but phaps ypor dh could have his w/e away another time.

It's a bit sad the older boy is so nasty; I wouldn't be able to relax in your position. Sorry.

vess Wed 08-Jun-05 19:57:42

Won't he have anything better to do than hang around the toddlers?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now