Talk

Advanced search

3 kids under 5 - tell me it will be ok...... please

(12 Posts)
scrappydappydoo Fri 02-Oct-09 12:44:47

Just got BFP shock shock.
Was always in the plan to have 3 but with a two year gap between dd1 and dd2 I did want a least a 3-4 year gap for dc3. So now I'm sitting having mild panic attack at coping with
a) 3 children under 5
b) a newborn, dd1 starting reception and dd2 starting playgroup..
Please reassure me all will be well - it will won't it??

jellybeans Fri 02-Oct-09 12:50:01

Hi, yes it will be fine. I was terrified of coping with a 5 year old, 3 year old and newborn twins and a school run and nursery run but it was fine!!!! I just took the babies in their PJs (with snowsuit on top) and gave them brekkie when i got back (obviously gave them a feed earlier). I also was nervous after having DC#5 but it was OK after the first few weeks of getting used to it!!! You will be fine, honestly

btw congrats!

BloodRedTulips Fri 02-Oct-09 12:51:54

it'll be fine, there are 4 years and 3 weeks between my oldest and youngest and it is doable.

be warned, i found the pregnancy quite hard with two vey young kids to run around after.

but since ds2 has been born it's actually been fine, you do sometimes feel like you're being puled 3 directions at once and shopping is a pain in the arse with all three but it's not been nightmarishly bad or anything, and now that ds1 is in playschool 3 hours a day and dd is in school 5 hours a day (or would be if she hadn't broken her leg!) i have mornings to give ds2 some quality time.

congratulations, and good luck smile

prettyinpunk Fri 02-Oct-09 13:29:37

congratulations smile

i'm in a smiliar position to you...in january i'll have 3 under 5 (2 yrs 4 months between all 3) and at the moment i'm feeling a little sceptical about it, but i'm confident that when the time comes it will all run smoothly grin.

i know it'll be hard work and i find myself at bathtime at the moment trying to imagine how it can possibly include a newborn, but then i thought that when dc2 arrived as well, and you just find the most convenient way...

my main worry is getting out of the house on time for school, as it's a struggle enough at the moment!! but then, thank goodness ds1 is now at school until 3, as it'll give me more time with dcs 2 & 3, and dc2 will be at playgroup 3x a week too until midday.

you obviously love children if you decided to go for a third, so i'm sure you'll manage and probably excel at being mum to the three of them...good luck!!

flaime Sat 03-Oct-09 11:04:09

My DD1 turned 4 the week before my DS was born, and my DD2 had just turned 2.

We only had the pre-school run to worry about but it was all ok. You just get super organised (hey if I can get organised, anyone can!!) grin

I found it easier going from 2 - 3 as if you need to give one attention the other two play together most of the time so you don't feel like one is getting left out.

scrappydappydoo Sun 04-Oct-09 18:49:32

Thanks for your replies - I'm slowly getting used to the idea.... I'm sure I'll be fine if not I'll just spend more time on mumsnet complaining I can't cope grin

sarah293 Sun 04-Oct-09 18:51:36

Message withdrawn

scrappydappydoo Sun 04-Oct-09 22:04:08

Thats ok - I've always liked the smurfs ;)

BibiBOO Sun 04-Oct-09 22:05:53

You will be FINE, it will be hard at times, but it will also be wonderful at times. DD1 was 2yrs9m when I had DTs, they are 4.11 and 2.3 now and are the best of friends.
It's a slog, but soooo worth it. smile

mathanxiety Mon 05-Oct-09 05:47:15

Going from 2 to 3 is easier in a way than when you go from 1 to 2. I found myself a lot more relaxed about the whole business.

lou031205 Mon 05-Oct-09 20:56:38

You'll be fine! I have 3 under 4. DD1 is now 3.10, DD2 is 2.2 and DD3 0.6. DD1 has SN. It is getting easier every day.

diddle Mon 05-Oct-09 23:09:44

You'll be fine, I had 3 under 3, none of which were multiples, when ds3 was born ds1 was 2 1/2 and ds2 was 17 months, i had c-sections with all of them for varying medical reasons, and managed ok with recovery with very little help and now we have good and bad days, they are now 6 months, 2 (today) and 3.4, its not as hard as you think, i think if you get hung up on the things that have to be put to one side that you used to be able to get done in the day, then you'll be fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now