Talk

Advanced search

Naked children. Thoughts please.

(34 Posts)
RealityIsAnAuntie Tue 29-Sep-09 18:46:31

Message withdrawn

QueenOfFuckingEverything Tue 29-Sep-09 18:48:30

Of couse naked children are alright in their own home and garden.

Only a loon would think not.

claricebeansmum Tue 29-Sep-09 18:48:34

Naked children are great - LOs at least. DD was always streaking around the house and garden and we shared a bath until about 6 months ago.

Now DC are 13 & 11 we are all learning to respect each others privacy but in the under 8s or so I think this is their natural state!

weegiemum Tue 29-Sep-09 18:48:39

Fine with us - we have a pretty laid back attitude to this as well (though I grew up in a much more prudish setting - also a very cold house!!)

Dd2 who is 5 was in the bath with her Daddy on Sunday morning. She gets in to 'help' him wash his hair!

choufleur Tue 29-Sep-09 18:49:11

No the norm here. DS (3 1/2) ran round the garden in the nude a lot during the summer, on his own and with other kids. I have a bath with him, as does DH.

BIL sounds like he has an odd point of view.

buttercreamfrosting Tue 29-Sep-09 18:49:50

Naked house here too! grin

I think your BIL is odd, especially with the 19month old! Mine is allowed to run around naked outside but has to wear nappy inside (for obvious reasons). My DH likes to be naked as often as possible so I think my DC will grow up quite relaxed around nudity.

RealityIsAnAuntie Tue 29-Sep-09 18:50:23

Message withdrawn

bronze Tue 29-Sep-09 18:50:37

DH goes through fits and starts of minding. In front of other people it would eb a definite no though hes quite happy to shower with them if need be.

I couldnt care less how clothed they are. Its a hassle trying to keep them in their clothes so I've given up worrying. Not in my bath though. theres not much I get to do on my own. they see me get changed though so its the not the nakedness part I dont like just the fact its my childfree time

peachygirl Tue 29-Sep-09 18:51:22

I would agree with you totally.

Like you, DD (2.7)shares my bath frequently and shares with DH too.
She sees us both naked - getting dressed, Dh sleeps naked too at the momen and she runs around the garden naked frequently.

We have no issues about it. Dh has said though that as she gets older (and DD2 now) he may curtail his nudity.

Even tho the story from the poster whose child hit their fathers willy whilst sharing a bath made me ROFL.

inthesticks Tue 29-Sep-09 18:52:54

claricebeansmum mine also 11 and 13 and always used to romp naked up to a couple of years ago.
Now they're usually down to boxers before they've got through the back door grin.

llareggub Tue 29-Sep-09 18:53:06

My DS is usually naked, temperature permitting. I don't force his nakedness, it comes naturally to him. In fact, this summer he stripped off in the park and ran around. He's 2. If you can't do it at 2, when can you?

A friend of mine was very disapproving when he stripped off in her garden. I was very surprised; I thought most people would be fine with a child of 2 being naked.

TrinityRhino Tue 29-Sep-09 18:53:34

mine are more out of clothes than in clothes they are 9,4 and 2

they all bath with me and also did with dh

in our house and garden its fine

if visitors arrive then its knickers on but thats it

and thats because the 9 year old still doesn't care but I just think that for the visitors to feel comfortable knickers are all that is needed

MummyDoIt Tue 29-Sep-09 18:55:18

Don't like naked at the table. Especially don't like naked at the table in a cafe. Apart from that, naked children are fine by me.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Tue 29-Sep-09 18:56:16

Mine are 4 6 and 8 and still have the option to bath together but often the eldest choses his own bath but that is more due to space in the bath.

grin as I read it as DP not seeing you naked.

I wasn't happy about DS2 playing in the garden just in his pants but only because we are overlooked thanks to the monstosity that is the loft conversation built without permission.

LissyGlitter Tue 29-Sep-09 18:56:32

We spent a lot of time naked as kids, and DD spends a lot of time naked now. I seem to be the only one amoungst my friends who can happily be naked- ie when I had a shared house I was constantly being told off for nakedness! Even midwives seem shocked at my casual attitude to it- I think I am one of lifes naturists!

RumourOfAHurricane Tue 29-Sep-09 18:57:09

Message withdrawn

LynetteScavo Tue 29-Sep-09 18:57:47

my 6 and 4 year old strippped off and jumped in a lake in the Lake District this summer.

Iw as a bit nervous of them doing so in public, but the few walkers that passed (mostly over the age of 50) smiled at them in a really nice, "oh it's great kids can do that" way.

Disenchanted3 Tue 29-Sep-09 18:58:52

You'd be hard pressed to find a moment in our house where all 5 of us ARE fully clothed grin

RealityIsAnAuntie Tue 29-Sep-09 18:59:58

Message withdrawn

mrsjammi Tue 29-Sep-09 19:01:11

Message withdrawn

moocowme Tue 29-Sep-09 19:01:15

severe prudishness coud be a sign of sexual abuse at a young age. i am not saying it is in this case but it only takes one event. while joking is fine you may need to tread carefully. if he says no then i would not bring it up again really unless you were close.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Tue 29-Sep-09 19:03:43

omg

DottyDot Tue 29-Sep-09 19:04:49

more naked children here - ds's are 7 and 5 and in the summer were very happy playing in the garden and paddling pool with nothing on - very sweet and won't last for too many more summers so I'm pleased they got the chance on the 3 - 4 warm days we had in Manchester... hmm grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now