Talk

Advanced search

advice for 10 month old ds....

(4 Posts)
fandango75 Tue 29-Sep-09 10:33:14

our ds is wonderful, curious, nosey, fun, loud and vry willful. If he does not want to do something there is lets say a rather large fuss ...examples of this are soemtimes hates having his nappy changed and shouts and wriggles so it is very hard (i then feel bad having to have practically wrestled him into his clothes of course he cannot go about in the nudey), eating some meals, shouts and cries and thwacks the spoon away etc. He fights like mad not to have a nap. I am sure many children are like this? We remain firm and continue with his nap time (popping in and out lying him back down tucking him back in etc). With food we persevere but no more than 20 minsand if he doesnt eat it then thats that really (theory being he'll eat next meal as will be super hungry and refuse to faff about making various different meals in a bid for him to eat something). Does anyone have any tips / advice? He is not like this ALL the time but seems to be testing boundaries early (can see by the sneaky peek looks on his face!) is this normal? Waffle waffle sorry. He is great fun and am thrilled he is developing a clear personality i just want to hear other peoples experiences

GirlWiththeMouseyHair Tue 29-Sep-09 17:43:58

sounds just like my 11month old DS! We've just been battling with vegetables (he normally east everything), crying and throwing his food on the floor - I've given him a banana which he's eaten and now he's happily eating the veggies after all...keeps you on your toes doesn't it?! Wouldn't have it any other way wink

boredwithfoodprob Tue 29-Sep-09 21:35:15

Sounds EXACTLY like my DS! (age 13 months tomorrow). He has a huge personality too, is very brave and willful and loves a bit of slapstick humour. He too is ever so nosey (!) and I think food just bores him to be honest - in his eyes there are far better things to do than eat. We are just persevering with his eating and hoping that he'll become more interested as he gets older. He has lots of healthy snacks which he does better with than meals. With sleeping he has got better at sleeping in the day as he's got older and has a special toy that he sleeps with which helps to calm him down too. Plus lullabies that we play on the monitor. Also read him a story before his nap to calm him down a bit. We find nappy changing/dressing a nightmare to - with nappy changing sometimes helps if we give him something interesting to hold/look at or singing a song/telling a story etc but a lot of the time none of this helps at all and all he wants to do is wriggle and scream while I struggle! I have found getting him dressed while standing in his cot helps too, can get as far as trousers and socks which I sit him on my knee for....sorry i'm waffling now. Good luck! grin

fandango75 Thu 01-Oct-09 12:58:14

thanks ladies - our son has now started laughing after farting. oh blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now