Talk

Advanced search

School gates grief

(9 Posts)
dulciedot Fri 25-Sep-09 14:54:07

I know it has been done to death. We moved mid year,it has been hard work. Have made a couple of friends. Year of 20 and the head girl 'mum' ignores me as do her gang which is the majority of the boys' mums.

My son is very confident, popular and very young so oblivious. But if mum is not on board the play dates aint gonna happen!

I just want him to be happy and tbh most days it does not bother me - too busy with job etc... but some days like today it gets to me

Any ideas how to crack the head mum? and words of comfort gratefully received smile

dulciedot Fri 25-Sep-09 14:55:22

Oh and I've got to head up there now - can't wait. It is perfecting the art of smiling with lips and eyes too that I need to work on!

Acinonyx Fri 25-Sep-09 19:15:21

I had this at preschool (also moved). If the 'head mum' is frosty (meets eyes, knows you, but doesn't smile or speak etc...) you may have to just go direct to the mums of your ds' freinds and see who bites at the playdate thing. You only need one - maybe two - and you can manage well with none unless ds is begging.

Have you actually asked any of the mums about a playdate?

JeminTheDungeon Fri 25-Sep-09 19:18:11

We don't have a 'head' mum in our school- or if we do I havn't noticed....god it must feel lousy. I hate that sort od stuff- hope you sort it out.

spudmasher Fri 25-Sep-09 19:20:19

Volunteer to hear children read in school. They will want to know how their child ranks in the class. Sad but true.

dulciedot Fri 25-Sep-09 19:21:28

Yes it is exactly like that, she knows me but blanks more often than not unless she is doing her pastoral care chit chat which with experience I realise is false.

Ironically her son likes mine, he always plays with him when he gets the chance in the playground etc...

I don't get it, the whys or wherefores.

We have only managed one play date, only been invited to whole year parties. But we are making progress, just very low about it today.

seeker Fri 25-Sep-09 19:24:23

Why on earth is it the "head mum's" (whatever that means) business what playdates you arrange?

Ask your child who he would like to invite home for tea. Ask that childn's mother whether he can come for tea on Friday.

Sorted.

dulciedot Fri 25-Sep-09 19:26:51

Dealing with a clique! New to me too.

ramonaquimby Fri 25-Sep-09 19:34:07

good grief! a head mum? haven't come across this before.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now