Talk

Advanced search

pushchair tipped up

(11 Posts)
tommynose Thu 24-Sep-09 16:47:33

Just been out shopping with ds, he's almost a year old.

He was sat in the pushchair while I was going through the checkout at a large supermarket and I put some shopping on the handles. I picked up the last bag and the buggy tipped back with ds in. The shopping wasn't heavy but obviously heavy enough to tip the pushchair back.

He was fine, it didn't bother him at all but I knew most people who were close by had seen the pushchair tip up. I couldn't get out of the shop quick enough. I feel awful now.

Please tell me I'm not the first person that this has happened to.

weegiemum Thu 24-Sep-09 16:50:20

No, in fact if it hasn't happened to you until now you are luckier than most.

I tipped dd2 forwards out of her buggy going down steps when she was 8mo!

And she is still in a buggy now age almost 6 as she has mobility problems.

If I buy too much wine and hang it on the handles it can still tip her up!!

CybilLiberty Thu 24-Sep-09 16:50:51

Oh lordy all the time. I once pushed a double buggy off a kerb, tipped it over and fell on top of it. It had my dd and her friend in it.

random Thu 24-Sep-09 16:51:50

Was a weekly occurrence when mine were small and in buggys grin

random Thu 24-Sep-09 16:53:27

In fact I'm still doing it now to my dgs ..last incident involved forward tipping and a large puddle shock

tommynose Thu 24-Sep-09 16:53:30

Thanks everyone, don't feel so bad now.

suiledonn Thu 24-Sep-09 16:53:41

Don't worry. It has happened to loads of us.

I took dd1 away for a few days when she was about 18 months old. I had to walk through the city with her in the buggy to meet my sisters when it started to rain really heavy. She hated the rain cover and got really upset in the buggy. I foolishly stopped in a shop doorway and took her out. I couldn't get her back in she was resisting so much, the bags kept making the buggy tip over, I was soaked, dd was hysterical and a very kind old lady came over and held the buggy for me.

I was so upset that I couldn't cope. I was embarrassed for ages.

LatinDAISYcal Thu 24-Sep-09 16:59:13

It's a parenting rite of passage so try not to worry about it too much, especially if DS is fine.

to make you feel better; I was swinging DC1 (6 weeks) in his car seat and he hadn't been buckled in and shot out onto the floor blush and I turned my back on him for a secind when he was on the changing table and he shot off backwards. Thankfully it was against a wall so his fall was broken but still blushblush

and then there was the time he was going downstairs in front of me and tumbled down them all, and the time I shut his fingers in the car door and then tried to drag him into a shop with his fingers still in the door thinking he was crying because he was two and ahalf and tantrumming about even getting out of the car blushblushblush

Have I made you feel better yet?

sarah293 Thu 24-Sep-09 17:04:22

Message withdrawn

cluckyagain Thu 24-Sep-09 17:06:52

.....not as good as the time I was walking out of a friend's house onto a very busy main road. VERY large puddle right next to the pavement - lorry came along and utterly soaks ds (1 then) His mother (I am ashamed to say) was convulsed with laughter with her friend....it was his face that did it - absolute indignation. Poor, poor lad - I wouldn't be surprised if he brought it up at later date...wedding speech or such!!

deaddei Thu 24-Sep-09 18:07:15

Yes I've done it!
And forgot to strap her in after going to shoe shop- tipped her right out on the pavement.
No damage done- hell of a shock though.
Have a glass of wine and chocolate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now