Talk

Advanced search

Please come and tell me I'm not a terrible parent [sad]

(7 Posts)
boundarybabe Thu 24-Sep-09 16:19:16

DS has hurt himself twice today. He was sitting up earlier and fell sideways onto a toy and bumped his face (ok, not my fault, but still feel terrible). Then I was just sorting out the laundry on my bed. He was lying in the middle of my king size bed and literally in the space of time it took for me to turn round and pick something up (less than 2 seconds), he had managed to roll off the bed! He was fine but has a bit of a bump on his head. He is only 7 months and I feel fucking awful now.

Please come and tell me I'm not the worst mother ever. sad

rubyslippers Thu 24-Sep-09 16:20:27

of course you aren't the worst mother ever - why would you think that?

ALL babies roll off beds, bump themselves etc

just check he is alert and ok and am sure he will be fine

don't beat yourself up about it smile

Snowtiger Thu 24-Sep-09 16:23:57

Good God no, don't worry, these things happen all the time, particularly with boys! My DS is always hurting himself, bumping himself, fall off things, falling over and falling down stairs. We've been to A&E so many times in the last few months I'm starting to worry that social services will have a file out on us.
Just give him lots of cuddles, and keep a little gel pack (Mr Bump ones are good) in the fridge to put straight on bumps so they don't bruise quite so badly. He'll be fine! (just you wait til he starts crawling and walking! It gets worse grin)

MoonTheLoon Thu 24-Sep-09 16:26:02

He's fine, its all normal, you are a great mum, now relax.......smile

Dominique07 Thu 24-Sep-09 16:28:09

You have to get tough! When you see other kids push your child over - that seems even worse! But although we all feel heartbroken the first time he bumps his head - poor little baby - they get over it quickly and it is part of life.

boundarybabe Thu 24-Sep-09 16:33:36

Thank you all, I feel a bit better now. He seems fine and is currently gnawing on his toy elephant - he looks quite tired though and he does sometimes (but not always) have a nap around this time - should I see if he wants to sleep or keep him awake for now as he's had a bump?

Acinonyx Thu 24-Sep-09 19:15:49

At least you were doing something useful - dd rolled off the bed at 7 mo while I was checking my email blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now