Talk

Advanced search

Small muslin squares

(9 Posts)
cat28 Wed 23-Sep-09 09:06:18

Mornin' all!

My DS is nearly 2 and is addicted (!) to muslin squares. He is a thumb-sucker and won't go to sleep without a muslin. I have no problem with this, generally speaking, it is just that sometimes he drags one around with him (à la Iggle Piggle) I try to stop this, but sometimes there is no wrestling it off him!

I was just wondering if you can buy ones which are smaller than 70x70 cm. I have cut one large one into quarters, but it looks a real mess - I am not at all handy with scissors!

Please point me in the direction of where I can buy some small ones!

Thanks
Catxx

stealthsquiggle Wed 23-Sep-09 09:09:37

Might he settle for a flannel instead? Both my DC went through phases of having 'snuggles' (white flannels) as comfort objects - I bought them in bulk from ikea. Portable and easy to wash/replace, but possibly quite a hard sell to an existing muslin addict (we never had muslins - I used the flannels for general mopping up purposes when they were tiny).

BertieBotts Wed 23-Sep-09 09:12:50

I bought a set of 50x50cm ones as newborn nappy stuffers - unfortunately I couldn't tell you the brand as they had annoying labels which I cut off, sorry. Might be somewhere to start looking though?

pippel Wed 23-Sep-09 09:13:46

I know someone who switched her ds from a muslin to a flannel when he was that age

Ive just switched dd2 from a muslin to her cuski (which she slept with as well) but she is much younger

cat28 Wed 23-Sep-09 13:05:33

Thanks everyone. I have quite a few flannels kicking around so I will give that a go; hopefully I haven't left it too late.

Cat

PS what's a cuski??

stealthsquiggle Wed 23-Sep-09 13:51:41

Ideally go for a white one - otherwise you will be stuck trying to replace/replicate the "right" flannel. Nursery loved me lots as if my DC lost their snuggle whilst at nursery they could substitute one of their own white flannels and avoid trauma!

pippel Wed 23-Sep-09 14:00:35

It s comforter made of flannel type material, it looks a bit like an angel with a hat on and no face

its a bit odd to be honest grin but she likes it

1stMrsF Sun 27-Sep-09 21:38:49

DT2 likes a muslin, but now has a handkerchief instead.

SoupDragon Sun 27-Sep-09 21:42:32

Take a muslin and hold 2 corners together so you've got a narrow strip. Tie a knot in the narrow strip about 1/3 along from these 2 corners and pull tight. The corners become ears, the knot a head and you have a less draggable muslin bunny.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now