Talk

Advanced search

DS(nearly 7) has just deliberatly wet his bed.

(9 Posts)
JollyPirate Tue 22-Sep-09 21:19:58

Okay bedwetting is something he is nearly grown out of and we get more dry nights than wet smile

However he is also going through a rebellious stage and if I didn't know what other children are like I would despair.

So last night he wet the bed. He came into me at around 5.00am and was wet. Cue clean clothes and a cuddle.
Tonight he has been a right monkey about staying in bed and I have taken him back numerous times. I have just come to bed myself as am tired. DS was awake as he pitched up downstairs AGAIN about 5 mins before.

Literally 5 mins after I got into bed he launched himself on the bed and said " I have to get in with you because I've wet the bed" angry.

I have re-made the bed (a bloody nightmare to make as it's one of these midi sleeper things with a canopy frame over). He is now back in bed after a good telling off. He claims to have been asleep hmm yeah right!

Anything else I should have done instead apart from make him sleep in it which I have promised he will do if there is a repeat performance.

treetroppo Tue 22-Sep-09 21:26:06

has something happened? is he bothered about something? new class at school presumably - more need for extra cuddling? definitely a surefire way of getting it your attention.i wouldn't threaten making him sleep in a wet bed though i am sure it is exasperating!! be interested to hear what others say, poor you tiring washing/making beds etc

JollyPirate Tue 22-Sep-09 21:30:47

No I am not hard enough to carry out this threat so it was a stupid one to make really. Cannot think of anything that has happened. I think he just wanted to sleep in my bed (never an issue if he wakes up wet). Just so cross with him for not going to the loo which is right next door to his room.

treetroppo Tue 22-Sep-09 21:36:22

On the bright side he sounds like he knows exactly how to get the hugs in with mum 24/7 which is definitely a good thing Hope no more work for you tonight!!

CarGirl Tue 22-Sep-09 21:41:21

put him pyjama pants so no more wet bed!

JollyPirate Tue 22-Sep-09 21:44:34

Pyjama pants indeed grin I think not. He is asleep now and looms utterly adorable hmm

bumpybecky Tue 22-Sep-09 21:55:00

I don't suppose he's capeable of making his own bed? probably not at (nearly)7

I'd definately have got him to help with the wet sheets though, taking them down to the washing machine maybe. I insist my bedwetter helps out as much as possible (but she is much older).

If possible have two sets of sheets / waterproof covers on the bed, that way you only need to strip off the top layer and it's quick when you're tired / half asleep.

Also if you think it's a deliberate thing, I'd start a star chart for dry nights, with definate reward after so many nights, Maybe extra time with you if you suspect the behaviour is attention seeking.

Helping with changing sheets, the two sheets and the star charts have all been recommended by the enuresis clinic, so fairly acceptable (although the start chart is debatable, but for attention seeking rather than medical issue, seems fair enough).

thisisyesterday Tue 22-Sep-09 21:59:51

i think i would wonder why he wants cuddles so much he is willing to deliberately wet the bed to get them

I totally get why you're so cross with him... but is there a reason why he can't come and cuddle in bed with you for a bit?

JollyPirate Wed 23-Sep-09 07:37:56

No reason at all why he cannot come into bed with me for a cuddle - it's something he does often and it's lovely. As I said it's never an issue in the middle of the night and he just comes in if he's been wet.

The issue is that in the middle of the night the bed wetting is unconscious and not something he can help. Last night on the other hand he was very much awake and in an annoying mood - wanted very much to play me up and did so. The wet bed was just the last action of his repertoire for the evening. He was wet in the night and climbed in with me then - no problem with that and we had a cuddle before he went back to sleep.

However, new school year, new teacher, best friend has moved away and left the class. That's more than enough for a 6/7 year old to be coping with. So tonight I spend a bit of time trying to talk with him - which may be interesting as DS does not like to bother with talking about things when he could be playing with his Lego.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now