Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

abortion...

(10 Posts)
mary123 Mon 06-Jun-05 10:15:54

Im thinking of having an abortion but not sure if im strong enough to go through with it. I was always against it but now ive found myself in a pregancy that i really dont want.Has anyone one been through it and how did you cope if at all.

Toothache Mon 06-Jun-05 10:29:12

There are loads of MN'ers her that can offer you loads of advice.

My advice to you would be to not go through with it. But I don't know your circumstances.

bibiboo Mon 06-Jun-05 15:44:42

Mary, I wish there was some straightforward advice for you as to what you should do. What a horrible situation to be in. Could you give us a bit more info about your situation? This is a very emotive subject as you are probably aware, so you may well get some very strong opinions posted on here, but don't take them personally. For the mostpart you'll get support whatever you decide to do.
Personally I couldn't go through with it, after having read a lot of info on the subject when I was younger and in the throes of a possible unplanned pregnancy (I wasn't). I don't believe it is right to abort an unwanted baby, BUT I can understand that that is just my opinion, and that it is your decision at the end of the day, and not for me to judge.
I hope you get the advice you want and need. I can't really say much more other than take your time, and make sure you make your decision a well informed one so that whatever you decide you won't regret it. Either way, thinking of you.

Toothache Mon 06-Jun-05 15:46:19

Bibiboo - She started this thread again in the Health section.... there's more onfo over there. I can't do links to other threads though!

starlover Mon 06-Jun-05 15:48:41

Mary, i had a termination about 3 years ago. It was the absolute hardest decision i have EVER had to make.
But it was the right decision for me at that time.
How far gone are you? If you decide that a termination is what you want then you need to get the ball rolling NOW... the longer you leave it the worse it will be.

beansprout Mon 06-Jun-05 15:49:13

Mary123 - if you need to do it and you have good reasons, your friends will support you. I would urge people who feel strongly against abortion to not vent their feelings on this thread unless of course, they are willing to help Mary bring up a child she feels she cannot have. And I mean that in the nicest possible way, these things are hard enough as it is, and Mary deserves all the support she can get. No-one takes this sort of decision lightly.

I had to terminate a pregnancy 11 years ago. It was difficult and I have had many times when I have regretted it, but I simply was not in a position to raise a child and I had to make that choice.

bibiboo Mon 06-Jun-05 16:04:41

Thanks toothache, have posted in Health now.

Pomi Tue 07-Jun-05 17:54:38

I was looking for some information on a web site about abortion and one of the side effects was that it can be a cause of breast canncer. I was shocked as my mum sufferd from it.

Socci Tue 07-Jun-05 17:59:11

Message withdrawn

Socci Tue 07-Jun-05 18:01:01

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: