Talk

Advanced search

Need a sleeping solution for 0-2 months before we move

(8 Posts)
longwayaway Sat 19-Sep-09 18:07:56

Help! I'm expecting my first at the end of November. We're moving (internationally) at the end of January, at which point we'll have to get rid of all of our furniture. I have no idea what kind of sleeping arrangements we should make for the baby - would be happy to co-sleep but our bed isn't big enough for the two of us, much less an extra little person. I'd really rather not acquire any more furniture at this point.

I was looking for something along the lines of a Moses basket when I saw this travel version- www.johnlewis.com/230597202/Product.aspx

Would it be crazy to have the baby sleep in that for two months? We'll have to stay with family for a while after the move, so I imagine it would be useful on the other end as well (and easy to pack up and take with us). Any and all suggestions welcome.

smackapacka Sat 19-Sep-09 18:14:32

I had a friend who's baby slept in a drawer for a while - needs must! I think that piece of kit looks good, although would you consider the position so it was off the floor out of draughts?

Another possibility would be to use the carrycot part of any pram/travel system you're buying.

The good news is that babies at that age can't move of their own accord so they stay put wherever they are.

Good luck.

longwayaway Sat 19-Sep-09 18:18:12

We don't have a set of drawers in our flat or I might consider it! Also won't be buying a pram or any of that until we get home. Don't have a car so we don't plan to buy a carseat.

But yes, I would set it on something to get it up to the height of our bed so that I can reach her easily in the middle of the night.

MegBusset Sat 19-Sep-09 18:36:14

How about asking on freecycle for a Moses basket -- there are always loads being given away on ours. Then you can pass it on to someone else when you move.

Though I'm sure that travel cot would be fne, I have a similar one for DS2 to nap in (his cot is in DH's office so they timeshare) and it is somewhat flimsy.

madusa Sun 20-Sep-09 18:50:48

how about a pram with a carrycot? Again, you may be able to get one on freecycle

jocie Sun 20-Sep-09 21:00:14

if your flying will you not need a car seat for travelling( not necessarily for the plane but for getting to the plane and travelling the other side)?

Laquitar Sun 20-Sep-09 21:14:48

I have used it and is good. Very light as well.
But i have also used drawer as Smack said little ones can sleep anywhere.

I've used the suitcase once blush, it is perfect size and shape.

I didn't shut the suitcase obviously grin

longwayaway Sun 20-Sep-09 23:10:08

Hehe, thanks Laquitar - you're all making me feel much less anxious about this

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now