Talk

Advanced search

Any no3 mummies at 37 out there?

(7 Posts)
Buddhamummy Sat 19-Sep-09 17:54:16

Hi,

DH and i wondering whether we should go for a third child, and i am veering between loving the idea and utter terror, what are your experiences please, DD is 5 in November and just started school. DS is 2 next week. I am 36 and DH 41.

Thanks

lilysam Sat 19-Sep-09 18:13:05

My dc are a lot like yours, one just started school, one 18months and i'm due next spring, and will be just shy of 36 smile

lumpasmelly Sat 19-Sep-09 18:19:46

i JUST turned 37 last week and am currently 10 weeks pregnant with DC3! DS1 is 5 and DS2 just turned 2.....DH is 39....so we are in a pretty similar boat. We ummed and ahhed for absolutely ages on the topic, with DH veering from "yes" to "absolutely not"...in fact, one night he woke up in a cold sweat and told me that he had had an dream about it and he definately didn't want any more!!!! But then, one evening, after i had talked about getting rid of the baby stuff, he changed his mind and said he DEFINITELY thought 3 was a good idea....and so we weren't careful and hey presto, that month I got pregnant! He is very happy about it, and as for me, well after dreaming of a third baby for 2 years, I am excited, but also petrified....worried about my age, worried about money, worried about whether or not I will be able to cope etc. But at the same time, I know that if we hadn't given it a go, I would always regret it! So - fingers crossed it is the right decision!! (I was might relieved when the early scan confirmed it wasn't twins!! That might have pushed me over the edge!).....so - in terms of whether or not to go for it, I think that it's kind of like an itch that needs to be scratched and if you feel your family isn't complete, it probably isn't...perhaps you could set a time limit of TTC and leave it to fate?....

biffandchip Sat 19-Sep-09 21:27:53

Hi, I had ds3 when I was 37 (ds 1 when I was 33, ds2 when I was 35). If you don't mind being constantly knackered and skint when you have to buy school shoes go for it grin

angrypixie Sat 19-Sep-09 21:43:10

I had dc 3 at 38 (he's now 19 months) and would love another. DH is 7 years older now and has told me absolutely that he can't do the baby stage again sad

3 is heaven! Go for it.

Triggles Sun 20-Sep-09 14:31:04

We just had #4 (7 wks ago), and DH is 44, I am 43. We're loving every minute of it.

lucysmum Sun 20-Sep-09 14:34:55

I had DD3 when I was 39 when others were 3 and 6. Found move from 2 to 3 easier than 1 to 2. Love having 3 Ds and they get on briliantly. I do find myself constantly taking them to parties and activities but wouldn't change it now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now