Talk

Advanced search

so what does this mean???

(5 Posts)
franfoxy2003 Thu 17-Sep-09 14:53:07

ok so my dd is 11 days old and just had a letter through my door because apparently my mobile is unobtainable saying i need to contact the midiwves because they need to repeat the nnst.....whats that? is it the heel prick thing?

MunkyNuts Thu 17-Sep-09 21:41:20

Yeah, I believe its the heel prick thing. Did you manage to confirm with the midwives?

nigglewiggle Thu 17-Sep-09 21:43:08

Looking at Google it would seem to be the heel prick or NeoNatal Screening Test. They may have messed it up first time and need to have another go. Hope your DD doesn't mind too much!

franfoxy2003 Sun 20-Sep-09 12:49:50

well i got another letter the next day saying 'there has been soe confusion about the pku (heel prick test) needing to be repeated. fortunetly its another baby with a similar name so we do not need to see you!

how rubbish is my maternity unit? made me completely stress out over a mistake they made!
feel like writing a rather strongly worded letter!

nigglewiggle Sun 20-Sep-09 20:11:34

That is really poor. It reminds me of when I was pg with DD1 and DH told me that there was an answerphone message about a problem with the triple test. I have never driven home from work so fast and in such a flap. I rang as soon as I got back only to find out that they hadn't got my date of birth - that was the problem!!!

You must send a letter, they really need to know how worrying this kind of thing is.

Enjoy your new dd. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now