Talk

Advanced search

Period not here, C Section 6 weeks ago and unprotected sex at 3 weeks

(22 Posts)
soknackered Wed 16-Sep-09 11:45:23

scared to do pregnancy test, stoooooopid i know...on every level. Just need nice words, feel v low ! DD1 3 years and baby got me so tired and now this!

DP not concerned but i couldnt cope if i am

TheBalladofGayTony Wed 16-Sep-09 11:48:51

you are so beyond being pregnant. my period didn't appear for 8 months after a section.

maybe you need to talk to your gp about going on the mini pill.

kormachameleon Wed 16-Sep-09 11:49:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mankyscotslass Wed 16-Sep-09 11:49:51

Are you breastfeeding? If so no period is normal at this stage.

And I have friends who formula fed from birth whose period did not come back till around 8 weeks.

TBH, I would test to set your mind at rest.

titchy Wed 16-Sep-09 12:02:22

No advice but sex 3 weeks after a CS! Bloody Hell!

Poledra Wed 16-Sep-09 12:07:12

I have had 3 babies, one c-section, and no periods at all until after stopping bfeeding completely (so even when on one feed a day, still no periods smile - fab!).

And sex 3 weeks after a section - bloody hell! 'Twas more like 6 months for me!!

Pyrocanthus Wed 16-Sep-09 12:11:21

I salute your spirit, if there's a chance you might be pregnant. I thought I was a bit of a star because I could drive after 3 weeks. 6 weeks without a period doesn't seem that long to me, but you're not going to relax until you've taken a test.

soknackered Wed 16-Sep-09 12:12:37

we were so stupid it was a 'middle of the night/hadnt had it for ages/needing to feel close' thing and as soon as it happened i started worrying.

i know i need to do test but i am thinking if i dont know it might not be happening. Had loads to deal with lately (i was assaulted at 7 months pregnant by an ex partner...who has stalked me for 2 years) and i just feel scared that if the test is positive then i have to deal with it now!

(if that makes sense). I only have myself (and DP) to blame but just dont know what I will do. I know I will struggle with the thought of a termination but was hospitalised early in this last pregnancy due to complications and physically dont know if it is safe to be pregnant this early or whether i could manage with a toddler, a 9 month old and new baby!?!?!!

I am my own worst enemy. Think i have a self destruct button that I keep pressing, hard!!!!

Pyrocanthus Wed 16-Sep-09 12:17:38

Get the test done - it'll probably be OK, but if it's positive, you need to get to the doctors to talk about the potential complications asap, and if it's negative, you'll feel so much better.

Good luck.

Jem27 Wed 16-Sep-09 12:19:39

I had a section six weeks ago and havent had my period yet, Ive only just started to walk without being hunched over so there hasnt been any action which could mean I am pregnant!

FabBakerGirlIsBack Wed 16-Sep-09 12:20:34

Calm down.

Get yourself to the GP and ask for a blood test and get some condoms from the chemist/supermarket.

JodieO Wed 16-Sep-09 12:25:04

I got pregnant when dd was about 2/3months old (can't remember exactly was nearly 8 years ago!) but had had sex at 10 days after the birth. I miscarried at 8 weeks though, it is possible.

HolidaysQueen Wed 16-Sep-09 12:29:51

I had the same sort of scare when DS was 4 weeks. I eventually plucked up the courage to do a test about 4 weeks later, and wasn't pg. As it turned out, my periods didn't return until 7mo as I was bf. DH and I have been very very very good since then It's likely that you'll not be pg, but I think best to do the test either way.

soknackered Wed 16-Sep-09 16:56:25

DP bringing test home tonight ( sent him out in lunch hour to buy one!!)

OMG could be an interesting night sad.

LackaDAISYcal Wed 16-Sep-09 17:06:03

Aw, hugs to you sad. My DS is 10.5 months and I've just had a bit if a scare so I know how you feel at the minute....there is no way on this earth I could deal with another pregnancy/baby.

I know that you are meant to be more fertile just after a pregnancy so it's possible you could be pregnant, but I imagine it's pretty unlikely. I got my period back at around 9ish weeks with all three of mine; CS/FF, CS/BF, VBAC/BF so unprotected sex at 3 weeks wouldn't have resulted in a pregnancy.

Good Luck with the test.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Wed 16-Sep-09 17:12:09

It might have done LackaDaisycal. Nothing is 100%.

geordieminx Wed 16-Sep-09 17:16:14

Hope it works out ok for you - there is only 10 months between dp and his sister shock

soknackered Wed 16-Sep-09 17:18:21

I have to face facts that unprotected can mean pregnancy! Oh god, am dreading tonight. (big sighs)...... this could affect my relationship with DP badly!He says any decision will be supported but i worry!

Will update result as may need BIG shoulders later xx

Harimosmummy Wed 16-Sep-09 17:22:50

AHh... Hope you get the result you want.

I have 13 months between my DS and DD and I know how you feel. I couldn't cope with another pregnancy right now.

I didn't have a period at all between having DS and falling pregnant with DD...

Fingers crossed for you.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Wed 16-Sep-09 17:23:42

Why could it affect your relationship?

soknackered Wed 16-Sep-09 20:13:47

Phew! Negative smile

Pyrocanthus Wed 16-Sep-09 20:23:35

Hooray! Please be more careful, we can't stand the strain. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now