Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend me a nightlight?

(15 Posts)
TheLemur Wed 16-Sep-09 11:43:50

Ideally I'd like something quite dim and maybe battery powered so I can move it around. Also maybe it should be switch on/offable by my DS? (2)

I've previously bought a blue kiddies 'ghost' type nightlight from Ikea but it was way too bright so I ebayed it!

This is in preparation for DS moving into a big bed as I'm worried he's going to get out of bed and stumble round in the dark!

moosemama Wed 16-Sep-09 12:15:19

Hi

I have just been looking at lamps for my boys' room this morning as the one they have currently got is too bright and disturbing their sleep. Funky Moose have quite a few different cooltouch rechargeable nightlights. I have heard heard good things about the Lumilove ones, personally, I like the Barbarpapa one, but that's probably just nostalgia on my part. blush grin

englishpatient Wed 16-Sep-09 12:29:02

I have this for my son's room: www.naturalcollection.com/products/ecozone/moonlight-night-light/
I find it excellent; it doesn't get hot to touch and gives a dim green light. It plugs into a socket though, so may be not portable enough for you.

Seona1973 Wed 16-Sep-09 12:34:13

dd and ds both have a go glow light. DS has a night garden one and dd has a princess one. We even took one on holiday with us as they are easy to transport.

sundew Wed 16-Sep-09 12:49:33

I was just about to recommend the same one as englishpatient - but I got mine from Lakeland www.lakeland.co.uk/moonlight-energy-saving-night-light/F/keyword/nightlight/product/21752

They are lovely - we have one in the hall for our wandering 5yr old dd who STILL comes through to us everynight shock

MamaFi Wed 16-Sep-09 12:56:38

First time I've posted a link - hope it works - we have these in blue/green...

((http://www.thatcuteage.com/p1324-Candeloo-Night-Lights-2-Pack))

They're fab.

MamaFi Wed 16-Sep-09 12:57:19

www.thatcuteage.com/p1324-Candeloo-Night-Lights-2-Pack

that should work this time!

KnickersandVests Wed 16-Sep-09 13:00:03

We don't have one but these look great.

They do moon ones too.

MrsJohnDeere Wed 16-Sep-09 13:16:54

We have this Lumilove dog light. It charges up in the day and then ds2 has it in his cot at night. Doesn't get hot at all. Can be switched on and off, if desired.

RamblingRosa Wed 16-Sep-09 13:19:43

I really recommend the moonlight too. Eco friendly. Economical. Not too bright. It's not battery powered though so you can't move it around (other than from socket to socket).

hairband Wed 16-Sep-09 14:32:06

would the moonlight be suitable for seeing at night when you are breast feeding? Sorry to butt in!

TheLemur Wed 16-Sep-09 16:36:10

Thanks everyone, I will have fun choosing

RamblingRosa Thu 17-Sep-09 12:21:52

Depends how much you need to see Hairband. I used to breast feed by the moonlight but by the end I could have done it with my eyes shut. It's quite a dim light but it's bright enough to be able to move around the room without bumping into things.

Sparklytwinkletoes Thu 17-Sep-09 12:28:11

I was about to recommend the moonlight too - wish I'd had it when when we first had DS for night feeds, as the light we had was too bright and always woke him up too much. Now DS is in his own room and in a big bed, we have bought more - one for his room, one for the landing (so he can see his way to our room hmm) and one for our room as we're expecting DC2 imminently.

We've just bought one for my sister too, she was quite impressed by it when she stayed here last.

Shame its not portable though - that would be nice.

DH struggles to sleep with a nightlight on too, but not with the moonlight - but that might just be because he bought it / chose it smile

iloveflo Thu 17-Sep-09 15:59:52

I bought a Panda lumilove for my daughter - cured the night terrors and sometimes I hear her chat to it ! - glows different colours - got mine from great little boutique "called Nubie"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now