Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Right, I have been fighting with this stupid transformer toy and just cannot get it to turn back into a plane. Could it be broken or am I doing it wrong?

(23 Posts)
nevergoogledragonbutter Tue 15-Sep-09 21:39:47

Am trying to follow the instructions in reverse and it's not making any sense at all.

angry

i don't really think there's much you can do, but you never know.

lucykate Tue 15-Sep-09 21:41:43

i sympathise. ds has a few transformers, he's too young to do them himself, although he is starting to get the hang of it. i cannot understand any of the instructions for them.

GrapefruitMoon Tue 15-Sep-09 21:44:32

The only people who can do them are children older than yours ime!

I like the sound of the newer ones where you push a button and it transforms by itself..

nevergoogledragonbutter Tue 15-Sep-09 21:44:44

oh, i got it although it made a horrible cracking noise which did not sound good.
but it's back to being a plane so all is well.

do i get a prize for the most rubbish thread ever in the history of mumsnet?

catinthehat2 Tue 15-Sep-09 21:45:54

Q1 No
Q2 Undoubtedly

Are you sure it was a plane? You might find you've picked up car or spaceship instructions and that you are in fact flogging a dead horse.

Does that help?

fridayschild Tue 15-Sep-09 21:46:18

It would not have been a rubbish thread had you posted when Ds1 was awake! He is 6 and just great at that sort of thing.

catinthehat2 Tue 15-Sep-09 21:46:32

<insincere>

Chuffinnora Tue 15-Sep-09 21:47:42

The newer ones lie. They are just as difficult.

geraldinetheluckygoat Tue 15-Sep-09 21:48:23

ds1 has one, it has been the cause of many nuclear tantrums (mine, mainly)

fishie Tue 15-Sep-09 21:49:24

they are an utter utter con and none of them transform. worse than kinder eggs which ds has renamed crying eggs because they are such a disappointment.

catinthehat2 Tue 15-Sep-09 21:50:34

What do you mean they lie? Are you saying Transformers have a theory of mind?

nevergoogledragonbutter Tue 15-Sep-09 21:55:33

lmao at crying eggs

nevergoogledragonbutter Tue 15-Sep-09 21:56:46

i think the main problem was that i wasn't being forceful enough.
I performed an osteopathic technique on it and it seems to have done the job.

Chuffinnora Tue 15-Sep-09 21:58:05

Well, they are sneaky. You can tell that by the need for disguise from pile of shite Lorry to ... Monster/Robot??

WTF are they exactly, apart from a huge PITA?

Chuffinnora Tue 15-Sep-09 21:59:48

Oh wait, I know now. The clue is in the song "Transformers Robots in disguise".

nevergoogledragonbutter Wed 16-Sep-09 19:10:45

Well i thought i'd done it last night, but DS1 took one look at it this morning and said, why is the nose of the plane pointing down, it's supposed to be straight.

Managed to twist it round and fix it, but jeez, 4 year olds are observant!

cece Wed 16-Sep-09 19:12:18

IME find an boy of about 8, they all seem to just know how to do them!

scarlotti Wed 16-Sep-09 19:17:26

My Ds has just discovered these, as he's just about to turn 4 it's left to me to transform.
Needless to say, we haven't managed to transform it into a robot yet (myself, dh and dd(15) have tried to follow the instructions) so it's just an expensive motorbike that needs constant tweaking to keep it in the right shape.

DS loves it hmm

ladyhelen2 Wed 16-Sep-09 19:21:15

It has taken me since the end of June to get Bumblebee from a robot into a farking car. I will not let DS return him to robot form.

Do I get the saddo prize for knowing its name?

nevergoogledragonbutter Wed 16-Sep-09 19:23:38

<hands over award>
that's fairly impressive.

ladyhelen2 Wed 16-Sep-09 19:26:32

Cheers.

<goes away to start on Optimus Prime who turns into a lorry. Prob will take me till November>

leothelioness Wed 16-Sep-09 19:35:03

oh we have a bumble bee which was one of the push botton things it just menant ey clicked in to an inbetween mess and didn't look like either the robot or the car until 'mummy had been fighting with it for ages. Atleast that one I figured out.
Have yet to figure out how to make optimus prome into a truck (ours still has legs) so is not very convincing as a truck my ds were like hmm

leothelioness Wed 16-Sep-09 19:36:28

meant to- not nanant ey
optimus prime not prome WTF
Must stop typing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now