Talk

Advanced search

being a step-dad

(4 Posts)
stepdaddy Tue 15-Sep-09 20:22:51

Dear MUmsnet. I joined my partner and her daughter tow and a half years ago. She is almost five years old. Our relationship has been difficult and we have had rows over almost anything. The child is also a difficult one and I feel that she is very jealous of us...she is happy when my partner and I are apart. She also always likes to physically separate us and doesn't like us hugging or kissing. My fears is that she will hate me.Please advise me

AzureBlueSky Wed 16-Sep-09 19:36:07

Bumping for you. I've not got any experience of this but I'm sure someone else has

kalo12 Wed 16-Sep-09 19:42:03

i have no experience of step parenting but my twenty month old gets very jealous and annoyed when me and dh (his natural father to whom he is very well attached) kiss or cuddle, and will try and pull us apart, so it may be that all young children feel jealous when all the attention isn't focused on them, so you may be reading too much into the step parenting bit.

what is more worrying is that you and your partner are rowing alot. are you unhappy in the relationship? are you using the child as an excuse to get out of the relationship?

Dominique07 Wed 16-Sep-09 19:43:51

Yes my DS loves to get right in the middle - not to get left out of hugs - can you make it into a funny tickling game?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now