Talk

Advanced search

What to buy a 4 year old ?

(10 Posts)
purpledreamer Tue 15-Sep-09 16:54:35

I have a step daughter coming up 4 , and im a bit stuck as to what to buy her! she doesnt live with us only see her every other weekend my daughter is one so i havent got to that stage yet plz help with some ideas!!...oh i do know she doesnt like barbie dolls!

TheBalladofGayTony Tue 15-Sep-09 17:03:28

how much?

needahand Tue 15-Sep-09 17:19:17

my four year old is into anything pink. All the better if it is princess or cinderella related. Also like peppa pig, drawind and writing. Magnetic letters and numbers are also a popular choice

purpledreamer Tue 15-Sep-09 18:44:08

I dont really have a budject for her ...I thought about princess things but shes not that girly....husband is no help either! cant really ask her mum as the lines of communication arent there!

peasandbeans Tue 15-Sep-09 19:04:15

things for playing at cooking, shopping etc?

piprabbit Tue 15-Sep-09 19:13:13

We got my DD a very cheap CD player (about £12) for her 4th birthday and some story CDs (Gruffalo etc.) It's been a top present as she listens to it everyday at bedtime. Had the added bonus of being 'grown-up', which seemed to be a big thing with her.

purpledreamer Tue 15-Sep-09 21:56:13

thanks for your ideas x

thegingerwhinger Tue 15-Sep-09 22:12:54

I have a four year old ds, but he and all his friends seem to love moonsand. Can be bloody messy but at least it hoovers up. Role play things are always very popular too - vets/doctors kits, little kitchens, things like that.

mrsmcdreamy Wed 16-Sep-09 12:34:11

The Playdoh 'Ice-cream Shoppe' goes down a treat with my ds (4) and any of his female friends, whose ages range between 3 and 7, who come over to play.

Also think piprabbit's idea of a CD player is great - my nieces love listening to music and stories on theirs.

BirdyBedtime Wed 16-Sep-09 12:46:57

Agree with needahand - my dd is this age and hardly plays with toys but loves magazines, drawing and dressing up as a fairy/princess.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now