Talk

Advanced search

back work and don't know what to do!

(7 Posts)
GirlWiththeMouseyHair Tue 15-Sep-09 09:50:56

I went back to work when DS was 8 months old, my job is coming to an end (I work in theatre so always short contracts) and will be back at home 6days a week - he's nearly 11months - and I'm worried about just not reallyknowingwhat to do with him/how to entertain him! I have my local mums I can still meet up with once or twice a week at each other's houses, but what do you do with your dc's of this age? Feel like I've missed a huge chunk of his development

MamaG Tue 15-Sep-09 10:06:19

You'll soon get back into the swing of things. Defo meet up with other mums when you can. I go for a walk every day, rain or shine, sometimes just 10 mins after school run.

We sometimes have giggly, tickly time on my big bed (God I sound like such a cock saying that)

I have just taught him to crawl (really, I did grin), he sits in his highchair as I cook, chatting to him, him eating finger food or playing with blocks (i.e. throwing them onto teh floor for me to pick up over and over and over)

I just bought him some new noisy toys hmm) which he loves

MamaG Tue 15-Sep-09 10:07:30

OH and swimming is great fun if you have a nice local pool. I used to take DS1 and loved it. I must take BabyG

GirlWiththeMouseyHair Tue 15-Sep-09 10:15:41

oh yes swimming, we spent 1st bit of child benefit on waterbabies and he loved it,onlycosts £3 to go to the pool on our own

Am just concerned about him being bored and me running out of ideas, he can crawl race around but we live in a tiny flat with not a hell of a lot of expendable income

MamaG Tue 15-Sep-09 10:20:12

he wont' be bored. Just play with him, go for walks, go to the park, blow raspberries on his tummy, have a bath together, blow bubbles for him, make a wnaky basket for him, look at board books together - join the library, they often have (free) story time for little ones, as well as you being able ot borrow books (but make sure he doesn't eat them like my son!)

MamaG Tue 15-Sep-09 10:21:03

...and you don't have to spend every minute entertaining him, my baby is now enjoying emptying his toy box and crawling around, while I MN do the online shop!

Orissiah Tue 15-Sep-09 12:47:09

Yes, at 11 months he's hopefully able to entertain himself a bit more - you can sit down on the floor and read the paper while he plays alongside you (he may clamber all over you too and use you as a climbing frame) :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now