Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

Today I topped my all previously crappy parenting.

(6 Posts)
LynetteScavo Mon 14-Sep-09 19:44:28

DD wanted juice.

We had no juice.(Que lots of whinging) I told her milk or water. She threw her tea on the floor. I shouted.

Then I siad "Right we are going out!"

She asked where to.

I said "Where naughty girls have to go" hmm

She protested loudly, and was obviously scared.

We drove to the shop and I bought juice and biscuits.

So wrong on so many levels.

8oreighty Mon 14-Sep-09 19:45:45

very nice of you to go get the juice...

I tell my son the firemen will come if he doesn't eat. IT works...he knows I'm joking but he plays along with it.

Wish they would come...

devilsadvocaat Mon 14-Sep-09 19:46:26

lol.

just read this to dh and he lolled too

excellent work.

daisydora Mon 14-Sep-09 19:46:27

Not just me thenblush

bevlin Wed 16-Sep-09 19:44:42

Ha. All very good to hear.
Im trying to get my DS to share just now - just started the 'mine' stage and being very possesive etc.
BUT when he doesn't eat his tea I then threaten to eat it myself sending him into a fury and he eats it before I can.
Yes, therefore I am reinforcing the possesive 'mine' ethos deep into his little head hmm.
He gets to be possesive and I get to see him eat dinner - it's a win win right blush

allaboutme Wed 16-Sep-09 19:54:52

i was feeling rough today and let the DS's open and eat a whole pack of cheddar biscuits just before tea time just to get 10 mins peace.
They were sat behind the sofa and I just pretending I didnt know what they were doing.
They didnt eat their tea and there is a big pile of crumbs behind the sofa still...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now