Talk

Advanced search

Does your 2yo watch films? (and if so, what?)

(12 Posts)
SansSerif Fri 11-Sep-09 20:19:00

DS1 (2.7) seems to have abruptly dropped his nap (aargh). As a result, he is ridiculously tired and mardy by bedtime (and I'm knackered as I also have a 4mo to look after).

I was considering letting him watch a DVD after lunchtime so that he actually sits still for an hour. He watches ye traditional CBeebies but I tend not to have it on during the daytime -- in any case he gets frustrated at not being able to choose which programme is on! I wondered if he might enjoy picking a film to sit down and watch, but not sure what might be suitable.

Is he too young for Madagascar / Ice Age type thing? Any other recommendations?

MavisEnderby Fri 11-Sep-09 20:20:29

DS LOVED Disney Cars.

I watched it about 2,0000000 times when he was 2 and dd a newborn and bf.

MavisEnderby Fri 11-Sep-09 20:22:42

ps Are you by any chance in the Notts. area?I grew up there and haven't heard the term "Mardy" anywhere but there.It made me chuckle

SansSerif Fri 11-Sep-09 20:39:31

Oh, Cars is a great idea -- he loves the magazines/books and has the duvet cover!

NB I used to share a flat with some friends from Staffs and picked up 'mardy' from them...

TheArmadillo Fri 11-Sep-09 20:43:22

ds loved madagascar at that age

also shrek.

He tended to watch those 2 1 million times rather than watch several different ones iyswim.

He loved ice age when he got to about 3 I think.

haventsleptforayear Fri 11-Sep-09 20:46:04

Both DS loved Finding Nemo and some Dinosaur one they watch at the childminder's.

They like Dumbo too.

MavisEnderby Fri 11-Sep-09 20:56:01

Cars good but you may be cursing me after you have viewed it several times.wink

He also loved Bob at this age.

To escape the monotony I bought Pingu too,cos I love it myself.LOL

beesonmummyshead Sun 13-Sep-09 07:32:01

jungle book is a firm favourite, although when we go for a walk now, dd will say "no, not go in car, stay in jungle" grin

dd also likes the land before time (dinosaurs) which is often shown on childrens tv.

PacificDogwood Sun 13-Sep-09 07:38:38

No, at 2 mine had the attention span of gnats grin! However a bit later the "Heffalump Movie" was watched a gazillion times (Disney Winnie the Pooh)! Ice Age was far too scary at that age.
<<prays DS3 will continue with naps for ever a long time>>

Meglet Sun 13-Sep-09 07:43:47

Not my 2.10yo. I'm lucky if he can watch something on cbeebies for 15 mins, let alone a whole film!

StewieGriffinsMom Sun 13-Sep-09 07:46:25

Message withdrawn

FaintlyMacabre Sun 13-Sep-09 08:07:13

DS loves Cars and Monsters Inc (I have a particular fondness for Monsters Inc because I watched it while I was in labour with him!)
He can't watch a whole film though, only about 15 minutes at a time max.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now