Talk

Advanced search

Death of a pet :(

(4 Posts)
SweetieBaby Wed 09-Sep-09 21:41:08

I need some advice on how to broach the imminent death of our much loved dog to my 10year old. How can I do it in the most gentle way? Do I wait until it happens or should we be trying to prepare her for it now, before it happens? Isa it bes for our daughter to be there with us at the vets or is it better for her not to see what happens? I want to handle this in the right way because I know she will be devastated. Thanks for your help.

cory Thu 10-Sep-09 00:07:38

Sorry to hear about this.

If I were you I would prepare her as much as possible and let her be involved as much as she wants. Certainly make sure she has a good chance to say goodbye.

FernieB Thu 10-Sep-09 11:28:03

So sorry to hear about your dog. A lot depends on how you feel your daughter will react. I would talk about it with her and prepare her for it. Let her decide how much she wants to be involved.

MitchyInge Thu 10-Sep-09 11:31:51

So sorry

try to prepare her, maybe there are things she'd like to do first? maybe she would like to be there when it happens or have a say in what you do with (sorry) the remains - burial, private cremation etc and how to commemorate her life?

this is a bit much on top of that sad song thread - do you think you'll get another dog?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now