Talk

Advanced search

When did you move your child from your 'big' pram to your 'small' pram

(8 Posts)
purpledreamer Wed 09-Sep-09 19:39:44

Hiya ,

Just need a little advice needed please.
I have a one year old daughter who has been in a mamas and papas pliko pram for a year now but its starting to be a little heavy to push now so i need a lighter pram . I have decided on a xlr by maclaren ..but im wondering is this too soon for her to go into a stroller pram , is this pram going to be warm enough through the winter months or should i keep her in the pliko till after winter? but then the pliko is heavy !! arhhhhhh .. so i wondered how long was it till you moved your children out of a big pram into a lighter pram?

thanks xx

Seona1973 Wed 09-Sep-09 19:49:47

1 is plenty old enough to move to a lighter buggy. Get a cosy cosytoes/buggysnuggle thing and a raincover and you will be sorted.

Littledawley Wed 09-Sep-09 19:52:07

We used our Mclaren for the first time around age 1 - just make sure you have a cosy toes. I would then use my Pliko if I would be out all day and wanted her to sleep in it but used the buggy for short trips.

UniS Wed 09-Sep-09 19:54:17

about 13 months, when I had to give back teh M&P pram we had on loan.

MrsBadger Wed 09-Sep-09 19:54:44

the xlr is suitabel from birth

get a decent cosytoes

purpledreamer Wed 09-Sep-09 20:18:47

Ive not seen the pram in the flesh yet only online but thanks for your replies cant wait to get it now!

BertieBotts Wed 09-Sep-09 21:00:24

We have just bought a lightweight stroller for DS at 11 months. I will still use the bigger Loola Up for a while because I prefer it (and the rearfacing option!) but use the lightweight one probably for shorter trips or if I know there will be lots of steps etc.

So I see it as more of a gradual process I think I'm sure as he starts walking more I will use the lightweight one more as I can carry it one-handed when folded.

Overmydeadbody Wed 09-Sep-09 21:03:15

well I only ever had one pushchair for DS.

1yr old is not too soon to go into a maclaren stroller. You can get cozytoes to fit maclarens. I made one for mine, all snugg and warm and quilted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now