Talk

Advanced search

Ifeel bad, but what could or what should i have done?....

(3 Posts)
gingerbunny Tue 08-Sep-09 19:49:40

I took my ds's to the beach today before their swimming lessons at the nearby pool.
As ds1(4) was playing on the sand he cut his foot and became very upset, ds2(1) also became upset as ds1 was crying.
As I'm carrying ds1 back to the car and pushing ds2 in the buggy, there was an old lady with a little girl (about 5 or 6) walking slighty in front of her.
I heard the old woman say 'come back here and walk next to me', as I looked up I saw the woman grab the little girl by her hair on the top of her head and yank her back next to her. The poor little girls head was yanked right back and she started crying. She kept saying 'I'm sorry Grandma i was only two steps ahead'.
I feel really sorry for the little girl and feel bad because I feel that I maybe should have said something to the woman, but I had an injured upset child and screaming baby to deal with and I didn't want to make it worse for the little girl.
I saw the woman at the pool later, so I assume her Granddaughter was having lessons too.
What would you have done?

LottaRump Tue 08-Sep-09 19:55:23

i would have just said 'whoa, no need to pull her hair poor thing, you may be worried she would wander off, but pulling her by the hair is out of order' in a very loud voice, then walked on.

Not alot else you can do , except try to embarass the old bag infront of anyone else nearby.

gingerbunny Wed 09-Sep-09 11:20:58

thanks for that.
My ds was screaming so loud she may not have heard me!
poor little thing, some people are so awful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now