Talk

Advanced search

DUMMY!!! Night times

(6 Posts)
shellmc Tue 08-Sep-09 18:14:48

Hello

My ds is 3 and a half weeks old and we did set off trying not to give him a dummy but after 2 weeks we gave in as he seemed to want the bottle in his mouth just to suck the teat LOL.
He usually has a little suck untill he goes ova to sleep then spits it out before going into a deep sleep.
Latley tho tru night he seems to wake up crying if the dummy comes out, he usually knocks it out himself, and i seem to be up and down all night putting it back in. He is quite a good sleeper apart from this happening.
Ant one else dc do this any tips to help????

Thanxs xxxx

ActivityApple Wed 09-Sep-09 12:54:00

Message withdrawn

ActivityApple Wed 09-Sep-09 12:58:15

Message withdrawn

moanieminny Wed 09-Sep-09 15:42:59

The only drwaback I see with a dummy (versus thumb) is exactly your problem. My DD(22mths) uses a dummy to sleep. At first I would spend my nights like you - although DD slept next to my bed. - In a while he will be able to find it himself and you won´t have to get up to pop it back in his mouth.
no tips i´m afraid - it´s not like you and sellotape itshock !!

moanieminny Wed 09-Sep-09 15:43:34

sorry writing too fast...you can´t sellotape it.blush

shellmc Thu 10-Sep-09 18:34:02

Thanks for your replys!

I know that his dummy does drop out once he is in a deep sleep, he does sometimes actually knock it out himself if wriggling about he likes his hands by his face when he is sleeping.
I dont mind getting up to him (dont get me wrong) just an extra hours sleep does do wonders ha ha. Its only natural i guess, giving him a dummy has been the best thing as it relaxs him and brings comfort to him i guess.

Thanx xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now