Talk

Advanced search

Taking sertaline for post natal depression

(4 Posts)
Cookiemg Tue 08-Sep-09 14:45:13

I have had episodes of reactive depression before and so was wary that I might have pnd. I felt down during pregnancy because I felt so disabled by being so heavy although the pregnancy was straightforward. When my baby was born I was okay until she was 4 months and the depression struck me. I know where thecsymptoms come from; I'm 38 and feel very isolated although we see baby people every day. I knew I wouldn't want to be a full time Mum and would be craving work but my contemporaries, who are all 33 ish are caught up in the romance if playing house and get very excited by defrosting the freezer! I feel really alone and have stopped breast feeding as I want to be able to start to get my body back, as bf had made me put on weight.
I have taken sertaline (50mg) for 2 weeks now and I'm noticing no difference. I'm still waking up at 4am and I'm feeling lost and unfocussed. Does anyone have any happy stories about sertaline? X

FourArms Tue 08-Sep-09 21:26:45

I took sertraline for PND, but I did feel better from almost day 1. Perhaps you need a higher dose?

Beauregard Tue 08-Sep-09 21:50:15

Sertraline didnt do a thing for me same as all the others. You need to go back to your GP but i think maybe give it a bit longer to kick in.

skyward Wed 09-Sep-09 15:24:53

I took it for a few months. Have to say I swore never again afterwards because coming off them was worse than the PND. I did feel better quite quickly though, but i do remember feeling like i'd been doped for the first few days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now