Talk

Advanced search

not sure i like this next phase with my kids

(6 Posts)
hermykne Sat 05-Sep-09 21:49:04

they are now both at school and i think i really really miss them as little people, DD is nearly 7 and ds took to school like a duck to....and i feel defunct.
they argue more to me, wont do as i ask, i have to giveo ut more, which i hate, and theres just that sense of them needing me kinda slipping away. i know why people have one more now with such a gap.

time just flies and although it s been great with hiccups, i just want to press pause

Oxymoronic Sat 05-Sep-09 22:13:46

I know exactly how you feel, esp when you see them in bed at night smile I just try and rationalise it that my job is to prepare them for being an adult, so the more they can do on their own/the more they become their own person, the better it is.

My DD is 8 and worked out who Father Christmas is, luckily just after Christmas, I'm half way through my preg with DD2 and never thought I'd have the chance of seeing the magic through another LO's eyes again grin For all the hiccups there's just nothing like it is there?

hermykne Sun 06-Sep-09 11:21:50

oxymoronic lucky u with no 2 !
i have to stop myself sitting at the computer watching baby videos smile

piscesmoon Sun 06-Sep-09 11:28:38

Its only when you look back that you realise how quickly it went!

nikos Sun 06-Sep-09 11:33:35

Gosh I was just thinking this myself. Mine are 8, 6 and 5 and Ithought it would get easier as they grew up. And it does in some ways as the physical side is easier and there are extended periods where you get time to yourself.
But there is definitely more arguing, more questioning, more backchat, more need to get them all out the house to keep them happy. I really know what you mean.

hermykne Sun 06-Sep-09 11:36:17

nikos thats very true about some time to yourself. i just need a new set of guidelines!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now