Talk

Advanced search

Why do I feel so broody?

(2 Posts)
YummyorSlummy Sat 05-Sep-09 02:10:20

Hi I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right thread really but here goes..
ds is only 8mths old an I'm already having broody feelings again!! When I see little newborn babies/pregnant women etc.

I keep imagining being pregnant again and thinking how I'd do things/what I'd buy- I'm obsessing over all this and even my (worried) dh has noticed- which says something as he is in the falkland islands! lol!
I don't even know why I feel this way because ds is so small I should be just enjoying him, plus I had a horrendous pregnancy and yet I keep fantasising about how 'amazing' it would be to be pregnant!

Practically speaking, it would be an awful time realistically for me to fall pregnant and I shouldn't have another one for a few years when I've finished my degree,got a career, am less in debt etc- but that seems so far away I can't bear the thought of having to wait that long for another baby.
Is this normal? And how can I get rid of these feelings?

CricketsMum Sat 05-Sep-09 11:09:21

hello

am sure people who know more about this than me will post but have a vague memory of someone telling me that it is very common to feel broody when your baby is about 8 or 9 months and it passes. I was in a fog of sleep deprivation at the time so the broodiness passed me by but several of my friends went through it and some actually went the whole hog and got pg again around that time. i think you just have to get through it though... this too shall pass!!!! hope you feel better soon!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now