Talk

Advanced search

Have I sunk too far?

(13 Posts)
MissM Thu 03-Sep-09 12:52:55

Just fed the kids, kitchen is a bomb site so I've plonked them in front of Charlie and Lola so I can clear up. Got back into the kitchen, absolutely ravenous but couldn't be bothered to make myself anything to eat so have just eaten their leftover pasta and bolognaise, out of their bowls, with their spoons. Is that too low?

BonsoirAnna Thu 03-Sep-09 12:54:10

No it's completely normal smile. Mothers don't admit to this behaviour enough!

Tortington Thu 03-Sep-09 12:54:29

am not understanding why thats bad

i always ate the kids leftovers

in fact <cue violins> sometimes financially it was the only thing i could do!

MissM Thu 03-Sep-09 12:58:40

Actually my post should have contained a wink. I don't seriously mean it's bad, just in a 'my pre-child self would have been disgusted at my sluttishness' way.

It is a bit low though don't you think, not even bothering to get a new fork out of the drawer?

Poledra Thu 03-Sep-09 13:03:17

Why dirty more dishes?? They're your kids, you'll share their germs anyway..... wink

suwoo Thu 03-Sep-09 13:04:25

I do those things pretty much everynight. Perfectly acceptable in this house.

<<secretly hopes DC will leave some of their dinner>>

MissM Thu 03-Sep-09 13:06:03

I wonder if glamorous celebrity mums do similar things in private?

Trikken Thu 03-Sep-09 13:07:08

i do it. saves it going in the bin.

LadyStealthPolarBear Thu 03-Sep-09 13:07:41

DS wandered in the other day with a yoghurt coated raisin for me - only I think he spat it out first. I said "you licked that, didn't you?" and he didn't even deny it!
Well it was a long way to the bin...pre-DC me can bog off, she has no idea

Poledra Thu 03-Sep-09 13:07:42

On the evenings when he comes in after we've finished tea and before I've cleared the table, DH has been known to scrape the leftovers from the DDs' plates onto his own before he whacks it all into the micorwave to heat it up. He draws the line at 13-month old DD3's leftovers, mind you, as he says they're too mushed about for even him to consider edible grin

MissM Thu 03-Sep-09 13:13:07

LOL LadyStealth. Poledra - at least your DH has the decency to scrape the leftovers on to his own plate. I just wolfed them out of the bowls, with their forks (oh, and the saucepan too, probably with my hands although I forget now). Does motherhood turn you somehow feral?

acebaby Thu 03-Sep-09 18:45:54

At least you all do this in private. I regularly eat DS2's spat out half chewed rice cakes when we are out and about. We always seem to be miles from a bin, and putting them in my pocket seems even more revolting!

ProfYaffle Thu 03-Sep-09 18:53:32

dh and I have been known to scrap over ... well... scraps I suppose. I frequently have to stop dh nicking food off the kids plates before they've even finished.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now