Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

4 month old rolling over - should I be worried?

(5 Posts)
addictedtodollymixtures Tue 01-Sep-09 12:18:56

Several days ago we moved our DD out of her moses basket and into her cot and she's already mastered the art of rolling over, from back to front, but then gets stuck and can't roll back. I'm lying awake worrying that she's going to suffocate if I don't roll her back... She's in a sleeping bag and on a good mattress with a fitted sheet on it. I know that you can buy things to prevent babies from rolling, but if it's safe for her to roll I'd rather let her develop at her own pace. Should I be worried?

MrsDandBaby Tue 01-Sep-09 13:30:19

our hv siad it didn't matter if they rolled on to their front at night - to roll over they've enough body strength to lift their head up if they need to.

Pinkmarshmallow Tue 01-Sep-09 13:54:57

my DD, now 6months, was starting to do this too at 4 months, and she is fine. They say that when they start to roll over, risk of cot death is lower anyway. Try not to worry. (Easier said than done, I know, I'm a bit of a worry-pot myself!)

gladders Tue 01-Sep-09 15:17:39

once they can roll they're fine. not sure anything could've stopped mine from rolling when they wanted to?

norktasticninja Tue 01-Sep-09 15:27:10

I agree with the PPs once they can roll they are fine, but, if it's worrying you a lot you could get an aerosleep mattress cover or purflow matras.

There is really no need to use something like this, but if it lets you sleep without worrying then it's worth every penny!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now