Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Room temperature

(7 Posts)
pablopatito Tue 31-May-05 16:52:14

So all my books tell me the correct room temperature range our newborn should be in. But surely this depends on what he is wearing? Two layers of clothes and 2 blankets or naked? Can anyone tell me what the correct temperature / clothing / blanket combo should be? Its 21C in his room at the moment and I think he may be too hot but don't know if I should strip some layers off. His chest feels warm and he isn't sweaty but what is too warm? Help!

Fen

TracyK Tue 31-May-05 16:57:15

If you get one of the growbags - or look at them in the shop - it has a little thermomenter and chart thingy that will tell you. as long as their heads aren't too hot then they should be ok. Keep their bodies, feet and hands cosy but head cool.

zammo Tue 31-May-05 17:14:47

Yes I agree. The grobags come with a good clothing and temperature guide. Though my ds' thermometer went off the scale last week at 27+! He slept in a short sleeved bodysuit only that night and no blankets.

TracyK Tue 31-May-05 17:15:48

I always worry that if I don't put enough on ds - when he goes to bed its warm - but then at 3am - it'll be chilly and I don't want him wakening then!

zammo Tue 31-May-05 17:39:48

That's why the grobags/sleeping bags are so good. They stay snug all night and there aren't any blankets to kick off. They're also great for breastfeeding at night - you just pick them up and put them down after, still warm and cosy.

zammo Tue 31-May-05 17:46:30

I'm not on commission, honest!

Hazellnut Tue 31-May-05 18:00:42

yeah agree with the grobag tips - I try and follow the clothing guide to the letter (although if a degree or 2 over what they say still do it as the temp usually falls by late evening). I too had the over 27 degrees problem last week and dd slept in just a vest but did wake up at 3 am cold.... but I thought better that than being too hot but then I am just paranoid !!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now