Talk

Advanced search

Peter Pan - Kensington Gardens

(8 Posts)
gremlindolphin Fri 28-Aug-09 22:35:27

Hi anyone been to see the above? We are going next week, just wondered if it was good, did you go and play on the pirate ship and any suggestions for where to eat afterwards?

MilaMae Fri 28-Aug-09 22:43:18

Erm we hated it.

It was heaving and full of Tarquins with their nannies who didn't know how to queue which was unfortunate as you had to queue just to get on the pirate ship.

I've never come across so many vile kids in one place.

There wasn't a lot to it either really.

We live in Devon and the parks down here are way better.

We had a brilliant day at the Tate modern recently. We did the Tate to Tate boat which they all loved and had lunch at Pizza Express next door.

Museum of Childhood was also a hit,nearly empty.

gremlindolphin Fri 28-Aug-09 22:45:53

oh goodness, that wasn't what I was expecting but thanks for responding!

MilaMae Fri 28-Aug-09 22:53:11

Sorry but I wish somebody had been brutally honest with us. It is seriously over rated.

Having said that as I mentioned we are Devon based and quite spoilt with parks,I have read posts from people who did enjoy it so maybe you'll get one to tamper my negativity.

I started a London thread ages ago and there were some great ideas, I'm sure other parks were mentioned on it. Not sure how to find it though.

Littlefish Fri 28-Aug-09 22:53:22

Museum of childhood is fab, isn't it!

LilianGish Fri 28-Aug-09 22:55:23

Haven't seen the production, but quite often go to the playground (which the kids love). We sometimes go to Sticky Fingers (Bill Wyman's restaurant) which is just off Kensington High St (can't remember name of road). I love Kensington Gardens - there are quite a few Tarquins with nannies, but I actually find that quite entertaining!!

MilaMae Fri 28-Aug-09 23:04:09

Yes the Tarquins were entertaining until they started elbowing my dc out the way and off things they'd queued ages for.

Also one little snot actually grilled dtwin1 5 as to what his daddy did after informing us his daddy was a diplomat-am proud to say dtwin gave a fab 'who gives a shit' shrug grin

LilianGish Fri 28-Aug-09 23:13:01

Clearly diplomacy did not run in the family grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now