Talk

Advanced search

Cold sweats about getting the wrong date for the start back to school?

(12 Posts)
wheredidiputmyfone Fri 28-Aug-09 09:54:13

I really don't feel comfortable when we're walking to school on the first day back until we've seen someone else in the same uniform! I do it every holiday!

Is it just me who has nightmares about the trauma and embarrassment of turning up having got the date wrong and the school being like a ghost town?

mrsruffallo Fri 28-Aug-09 09:55:08

It's just you.

ProfYaffle Fri 28-Aug-09 09:56:50

It's not just you! Better to turn up a day early than a day late though, that's my haunting fear.

deaddei Fri 28-Aug-09 10:55:00

No, I sent my ds back on the wrong day 2 years ago for the spring term- thought he was due back on the Monday but no, it was Thursday.
No one called from the school, and it wasn't till he looked out of the window at 4pm to see a neighbour's boy arrive home in uniform........
I called the school and apologised- they were really not bothered. I said we'd stayed in pj's today (foul weather) and the secretary assumed it was because he was ill and told me to keep him off till Monday!As we had the panto booked the next day, that was good news.
Hey we're only human....

Goblinchild Fri 28-Aug-09 10:56:39

Check on the school website, they should ahve the dates there.

haggisaggis Fri 28-Aug-09 11:01:28

I nearly sent mine back a day early this year as the school calendar showed the original date - but the council added an extra inset day so they were due back on the Wednesday rather than the Tuesday. Luckily I thought to check the school end of term newsletter on the Friday before..

ProfYaffle Fri 28-Aug-09 14:26:35

I've just had to go and check last term's newletter, definitely 7th September!

BecauseImWorthIt Fri 28-Aug-09 14:30:07

We got a text from our school today, reminding us that it's next Thursday.

OtterInaSkoda Fri 28-Aug-09 16:30:32

The text idea is top! DS's school's website is out of date so it's just as well that I overheard someone talk to one of the helpers at his holiday club this morning otherwise I'd have sent him a day early. I have form - did this not long ago blush Fortunately dp was poorly and was umming and ahhing as to whether he should call into work sick (which he did). They spent the day on the Wii grin
To answer the OP though I never feel 100% until I've seen someone else on the school run.

PaulDacresCrackWhore Fri 28-Aug-09 16:33:47

There's no way I'm getting the date wrong. It's on the calendar, I check the school website daily in case of changes, and I'm counting the hours (208.5 and dropping)

dilemma456 Fri 28-Aug-09 21:08:51

Message withdrawn

wheredidiputmyfone Fri 28-Aug-09 23:14:28

I'm glad it's not just me (mrsruffallo must be just having a bad day grin)

I check through all the reams of papers they send home from school, but I just don't trust myself! Perhaps like PDCW, I can't believe I'm going to have a few hours of not having to talk to anyone lol I'll still miss DD though sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now