Talk

Advanced search

Cranial Osteopathy / craniologist for colic

(9 Posts)
TROLLYDOLLY77 Wed 26-Aug-09 22:01:53

Hi,
Am at the end of my tether! My ds2 is 6 weeks old and has colic and reflux. Nothing the doctors has suggested is working, has anyone tried cranial osteopathy and if so did it work and if it did can anyone recommend one in Surrey?!!
Thanks a million!
x

ApuskiDusky Wed 26-Aug-09 22:08:00

Hi, I have a good friend who is a cranial chiropractor near Farnham - she's on the admissions board for the professional body, and very good. I took my ds to a colleague of hers nearer where we live at 4 weeks with colic, and it did make a difference for us. Location any good?

mumtoted Wed 26-Aug-09 22:12:28

Yes and yes. I went to a craniosacral therapist, but not for colic although I know of people who have and its been very successful. She's called Madeleine and lives in Camberley.
My sil took my neice to one who works in Claygate. I can get the numbers for you if you'd like.
I hope you find something to help soon, it must be very trying.

TROLLYDOLLY77 Wed 26-Aug-09 22:19:53

Yes please to any number!!! Also, how much are they roughly!
Thanks!

mumtoted Wed 26-Aug-09 22:28:40

I think about £35? I went 3 times with dd but ds only needed one session. Its Madeleine Lewis 01276 29709.
This looks like its a number short but it isn't. Good luck.

magnummum Thu 27-Aug-09 20:58:51

Whereabouts are you I can recommend 2 fab ones in Redhill. (my usual who I took dd1 one to, who was on holiday when I wanted to take one of my 15 week old twins last week so I went with one of the other guys in the practice who is great. Dt completely different baby after feeds immediately after last week's session and we've been back today. £40 initial consultation but they do discounts for some things like NCT and stuff and then £33 for follow up. You also really don't feel like they are stringing it out - we should be done after the next session (dd1 only needed one). Just realised it would have helped if I had told you who they are Mark/Chris at the Westway Clinic!

pushkar Thu 27-Aug-09 21:03:39

the occ in london could probably recommend a cranial osteopath as all their osteopaths work all over the place 0207 490 5590 osteopathy centre for children clerkenwell incase I got the no wrong !! they are a school and a charity and operateon a affordable basis only they helped my child with ASD

mumcah Thu 27-Aug-09 21:08:21

My DD had colic,she had two treatments of cranial osteopathy and it really helped,she was so much better after the 2nd treatment.The one I went to was in Beckenham,kent but other posters have recommended closer ones.Hope it helps.

mumtoem Thu 27-Aug-09 21:40:14

I took my DD to an osteopath near Woking for reflux. She had 3 sessions and it did help. It was £30 a session. Suzanne Hoddinot at http://wishingwellnaturalhealthclinic.co.uk/index.html
tel 01483 764582

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now