Talk

Advanced search

I'm sick of always feeling like the bad guy in my house! Grrrr!!!!

(6 Posts)
Nancy10 Tue 25-Aug-09 20:48:33

Yet again I've lectured the kids, husband has looked on and said nothing. Then later tells me I've over reacted! Bearing in mind it was a safety issue I was telling them off for. So I've ranted, he's done f**k all! I always feel like the parent who ruins the fun in the house and he is always the one smelling of roses! Is it just me...?

AnyFucker Tue 25-Aug-09 20:53:03

no, not just you

it has taken me 15 yrs to train dh into taking some sort of responsibility for discipline

he still doesn't see what I see (as in not noticing bad behaviour etc) and will let a lot of backchat etc go when I wouldn't

but he really didn't have a clue for a long time

bigchris Tue 25-Aug-09 20:57:06

its usually the opposite with my dh

two yr old keeps getting up at bedtime

he loses it and yells at her and i have to calm her down and then she goes down hmm

bigchris Tue 25-Aug-09 20:58:27

its usually the opposite with my dh

two yr old keeps getting up at bedtime

he loses it and yells at her and i have to calm her down and then she goes down hmm

deaddei Wed 26-Aug-09 07:38:38

I've got that too anyfucker (seem to be agreeing with you a lot today!)
I'm the big bad wolf in our house- dd has the audacity to say- "wait till I tell daddy what you've said/done to me"- he openly winds me up by saying "what have you done to my princess today?".
Still, I just go to bed early and ignore any advances.

leisurely Wed 26-Aug-09 10:27:49

Me too. DD and DH are some sort of team. Mum is always horrid, although to be fair to him, he does support me. it is little miss gobshite that doesn't. She too tells me that she will tell Daddy and then he'll tell me off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now