Talk

Advanced search

Oh dear - my 12m DS just bit my 3y DS. There's not much I can do to stop the biting, is there?

(2 Posts)
BintOfBohemia Tue 25-Aug-09 13:32:12

Poor DS1, he's been bitten really hard on the back. He didn't want to tell me what had happened, he was just screaming but I saw what looked like a mouth shaped bit of slobber on the back of his t-shirt and there were teeth marks.

I gave him a cuddle and said I was really sorry DS2 had bitten him, and that it really hurts...but I don't know if there's anything more I can do. It seems ridiculous to tell DS1 off (he was literally one two days ago, he'll have no idea) and short of saying "no" firmly when he does it I don't know what to do. He often bites me and it bloody hurts. DS1 never did this. He also pulls hair and slaps; again, I guess we have to wait til he grows out of it but it's really trying!

Is there anything I'm not doing that I can do to make this better?

CaptainUnderpants Tue 25-Aug-09 13:48:02

My youngest used to do this to his older brother when they were similar ages to yours.

It mainly used to be happen in the bath when DS2 could get his own back on DS1!

I remeber having to go my DS1 playgrouop and explain to them why he had a bit mark on his back !

It is something that he will grow out of , there is no point telling him off now for something that happened two days ago , but no harm in saying NO if you see it happen .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now