Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone else feel very disorganised?

(5 Posts)
Gateau Tue 25-Aug-09 10:13:50

I have one DS (2.4) and am expecting DC2 in Oct. I'm a bit worried I'll never get out of the house as, at the moment, I find it hard with just one DC! I just feel so disorganised!
Everyone else seems to be able to cope admirably, though, even those with more than one DC. They get to places on time, their houses are immaculate and their lives just seem to be, I don't know, in place. Whereas my house is basically clean but definately could do with a deep clean, paintwork touched up etc. We rarely get the chance to do this though as DH works most weekends.
Don't know other peole do it, TBH. All I can think of is that their children are maybe more placid than my son and let them get on with household chores in peace. The only way I can do them is to stick the telly on. I don't like this, but it seems the only option.
I'm just hoping I'll get my life sorted when I'm off on mat leave (currently work 3 days a week). But I'm not so sure.
Anyone esle in the same boat?

Gateau Tue 25-Aug-09 10:16:32

Meant to add, we rarely get to places in time; it always seems to be such a mad rush! As for getting to places for 9am, how do others do it? Or do they just leave their houses in chaos?
Don't know what the magic solution is. Maybe there isn't one and I am and will always be a disorganised person, end of.

GossipMonger Tue 25-Aug-09 10:16:44

Set your watch and clock to 15mins fast so you wont be too late!

Try and tidy as you go and put things on the stairs to take up with you.

Could you afford a cleaner for a couple of hours to help with a deep clean?

My house is not immaculate but OK. I loathe houses where you cannot relax as they are too tidy and too clean.

Oh! and get off Mumsnet!! wink

Gateau Tue 25-Aug-09 10:19:56

Am never on Mumsnet at home, only at work when it's quiet.

donteatthat Tue 25-Aug-09 10:28:45

Gateau, have you just read my mind and written it all down??!! i used to be so organised before having DS (18mths) and was ALWAYS on time or usually early and was actually quite anal.
Now I am always late, house is untidy, i have completely given up cooking/shopping/cleaning, leaving the house seems like a major mission... DS never stops and is into everything, I feel like I never have time to do anything, never have any food to feed him and feel competely and utterly disorganised. i'm trying to decide whether to have a second baby but am just not sure how i could cope.
Like you everyone else I know seems to be able to cope admirably, they even have time to bake??!! What I should have said instead of all this waffle is - don't worry, it's not just you!!! Chin up, duck wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now