Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Sun tan cream - foiled again!!!!!!!!!!!!

(7 Posts)
Polgara2 Sun 29-May-05 21:23:58

Aaarrgh!!! DD2 has very sensitive skin and as she and her sister have been in and out all day in the sun I have been liberally piling on Boots Soltan Factor 50 face cream - and she's still caught the sun on her cheekbones yet again !!!!!!!!! It seems that no matter how hard I try (and I am almost paranoid about putting cream on all the time) she alway ends up with red patches and I feel lousy about it. So as I now feel like a very incompetent Mummy does anyone have any recommendations on what to use? Please!!

SenoraPostrophe Sun 29-May-05 21:30:59

It's really hard to get sun cream on without missing bits, although it's a bit odd that she should burn if you've been re-applying and re-applying. Did you buy it recently?

I suggest a hat (one of those legionnaire ones). Failing that, I have some soltan kids stuff that is blue until you rub it in so you can see where you've missed. It may not be any good to you though because i am sensitive to it (but kids aren't)

paolosgirl Sun 29-May-05 22:10:20

Did you know you aren't supposed to put sunblock on babies under 6 motnhs? Or does everyone else know that, and I'm just a bad mummy?

Flossam Sun 29-May-05 22:12:49

I didn't and DS did have it a couple of time, why?

paolosgirl Sun 29-May-05 22:22:54

It blocks their skin, if I remember correctly. I work in Health Promotion, and we've just had Sun Awareness week so I found out via the literature that comes out.

Polgara2 Mon 30-May-05 17:27:32

Hmmm - yes SP I only bought it a few weeks ago! It is green so I can see where its going too. AND they had hats on!! I can see this isn't going to be easy - any more suggestions anyone?

katzguk Mon 30-May-05 18:46:34

what about one of those sticks, like the cricketers wear? think they stay put better on cheeks because there desgined for sweaty faces and to not rub off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now