Talk

Advanced search

getting stessed in summer holidays

(5 Posts)
conway Mon 24-Aug-09 17:47:44

Finding I am getting bad tempered in the holidays .Husband is away a lot and I am getting very stressed. Have 3 and 8 year old and if I take them both out just can't relax.
Everyone else seems to have a good time and I don't have many friends to go out with. If I I suggest something they normally are too busy.

annaje Mon 24-Aug-09 17:58:46

conway - I know - it's been 5 weeks now and I've had my limit with my DS's who are 5 and 8. Honestly, I can't wait until they go back to school in 2 weeks. I've done stuff everyday with them (parks, swimming, meeting friends etc) but today has been a really crap day and I think we have all just spent too much time together.

micramummy Mon 24-Aug-09 18:06:58

I find it hard as my dd is an only child, she is pretty good but is so demanding and seems to need entertaining all the time, i have recorded lots of nice childrens films for her to watch, she has loads of toys and colouring books etc she has been to the sports centre play scheme several days and loved that. Park, swimming, etc etc. She just wants to do stuff all the time, as soon as we leave one thing she wants to go somewhere else, eg took her to big soft play adventure centre today and as soon as we go out, (before we got into the car) she said, "can we go swimming now"!
I am skint and knackered

annaje Mon 24-Aug-09 18:26:10

lol micramummy - i'm skint and knackered too! I have a friend who has just 1 DS and she says the same - he wants constant attention. On the other hand - with 2 like me - they fight and physically hurt one another (seems like all day long today)

Cakesandale Mon 24-Aug-09 18:39:30

I am trying to run a (very) small business at the same time. Aaargh!! I have work backing up, a six year old who wants constant attention, I am recovering from swine flu, and I am knackered and skint!!

Do you know that Cure song "Whatever i do it's never enough" (Possibly not, as I am quite old - but it is my theme song) wink

oh God, here she comes again.........

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now