Talk

Advanced search

Blardy Ben 10 - too old for 4 year old DS?

(15 Posts)
NotSoRampantRabbit Sun 23-Aug-09 09:20:08

DH unleashed Ben 10 on my 4.2 year old DS a couple of weeks ago. I had been keeping him cossetted in a world of Sid and Andy, but I guess the time had come for him to move on a little.

I don't really mind Ben 10 - seems to fire his imagination and he spends more time pretending to be Ben 10 than actually watching it.

BUT I think I inadvertently let him watch Ben 10:Alien Force once. I've not put it on since because I think it is too old for him. Is it?
Please tell me so I don't have to waste an hour of my life watching it myself!

bigchris Sun 23-Aug-09 09:21:24

I think my ds started watching it when he was four

Loulou73 Sun 23-Aug-09 09:23:30

DS (4.6) has been into Ben 10 since he was 3. He doesn't like the new Alien Force and prefers old Ben 10. I think it is because they are older and Ben doesn't come across as a child.

NotSoRampantRabbit Sun 23-Aug-09 09:24:32

The bog standard Ben 10 bigchris, or the "darker" Alien Force jobbie?

God I know this is lazy parenting - I really should just watch it myself and make my own decision, but I have a newborn and really can't be bothered!

DS having a meltdown <I wwwwaaaaaannnnnttttt Alllllllllllliiiiiiieeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnn Fffffffffffffffooooooooooorcccccccceeeeeeeee> (Repeat ad infinitum>

bigchris Sun 23-Aug-09 09:25:30

gaed I have no idea, I just used to stick it on whatever channel Ben 10 was on <slack parenting>

Seona1973 Sun 23-Aug-09 09:32:12

my 2 year old watches both Ben10 and Ben 10 alien force. It doesnt seem to faze him at all.

clayre Sun 23-Aug-09 09:35:23

my 4.4 year old lives for ben 10, it will only be a passing fase and he will move onto power rangers or something similar, i would put it on for a bit of sunday morning peace

bigchris Sun 23-Aug-09 09:36:51

I wish it were a passing phrase, ds is still obsessed at 5.5

3HotCrossBuns Sun 23-Aug-09 09:37:02

My Ds is also obsessed with Ben10 here. Got into it a couple of months ago and now he spends 90% of his day being Ben10 or 1 of the aliens and hasn't taken his ben 10 watch off, other than the bath for 2 months (or when removed as a punishment!). He's a May baby so had heard the words "ben 10" at pre-school from the older boys long before he actually started watching it.
He prefers old ben 10 too.

Now Ds2 who is 2 is equally keen although he doesn't watch it, just mimics everything ds1 does.

I too have a newborn (3 weeks) and can't be bothered to have more "issues" than necessary at the moment grin. I figure like his Noddy obsession it will pass in time!

bigchris Sun 23-Aug-09 09:37:29

in fact power rangers were more of a fleetign stage
now he's on abotu wanting kevin 11 toys for xmas hmm

clayre Sun 23-Aug-09 09:46:22

actually we have been stuck on ben 10 since about xmas, ds even named our guinea pig Gwen after Ben 10's sister, maybe im just hoping its a passing fase wink

bigchris Sun 23-Aug-09 09:50:08

lol

3HotCrossBuns Sun 23-Aug-09 09:50:22

lol at naming the guinea pig Gwen - that's what DS1 wants to call his new baby sister!!! I said that could be his nickname for her but that mummy would call her Darcey grin.

NotSoRampantRabbit Sun 23-Aug-09 10:33:37

Thanks all.

I am ok with him watching old Ben 10. With a new baby I am happy for him to do anything independently for more than 30 seconds.

I just wondered if there is a difference between that and the Alien Force oodjymaflip. Good old Wiki informs me that AF is "darker". Not sure "darker" is good!

Maybe I will have sit down and watch it. Who know I may also become obsessed and have to get myself an omnitrix and run around shouting "Four Arms" (or is it "Forearms") at top of my voice.

Seona1973 Sun 23-Aug-09 10:43:59

there is a whole new set of aliens for ben10 alien force so you will have to get your head round brainstorm and humungasaur instead!!

Learn them all here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now